10 Pro-Gun Myths, Shot Down

signalmankenneth

Verified User
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2013/01/pro-gun-myths-fact-check

Paranoid-Right.jpg

Myth #1: They're coming for your guns.

- reality, we don't know if they will or they won't. i'm sure people in england that it was a myth at one time as well.

Myth #2: Guns don't kill people—people kill people.

- reality, guns are inanimate objects. further, will you agree that cars kill people?

Myth #3: An armed society is a polite society.

- reality, not a myth, rather an opinion

i could go on, but establishing the idiocy of the first three is enough to prove the hackery of this thread

Myth #1: They're coming for your guns.

- reality, we don't know if they will or they won't. i'm sure people in england that it was a myth at one time as well.
it's happened here also. they did a massive gun confiscation after Katrina and they've done a smaller and less violent version in california.

Life is so much better with the ignore feature.

Politics WOULD be a lot easier with the ignore feature. But ignoring information means you don't care about what other Americans think. If ONLY your idea's of America are the right ones, that makes you a totaltarian...

Politics WOULD be a lot easier with the ignore feature. But ignoring information means you don't care about what other Americans think. If ONLY your idea's of America are the right ones, that makes you a totaltarian...

That would imply that all opinions are of equal weight. They are not. The babbling moron on a street corner is not a valid source, and that is the role that Ken has chosen for himself. I can't help it that in over 2,500 posts over a span of several years Ken has been nothing but a moron without so much as 1 sentence of original content. That's his fault and his alone.

Yes, not wanting to read someone who is trolling is just like saying you never want to hear an opinion that differs from your own. I must give you credit because I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.

wasn't katrina due to martial law?
katrina confiscation was done on the order of the mayor only. last I heard, the mayor doesn't have the authority to declare martial law.

when did california take all our guns?
prior to passage of the roberti-roos act, a law was enacted that required registration of certain models of weapons that cali classified as assault weapons. When Roberti-Roos was then passed, the state attorney general declared that certain weapons that had been registered were now illegal and must be turned over to law enforcement. Some law enforcement agencies went to the homes of registered owners and took the weapons.

HEY, GREAT CHARTS.

Now post a chart about the ACTUAL possible changes. The debate isn't guns vs. no guns. WTH is wrong with people?

The charts illustrate that guns are not the cause of crime. If that were the case, those numbers wouldn't be the way they are.

The charts illustrate that guns are not the cause of crime. If that were the case, those numbers wouldn't be the way they are.

No one in history said guns were "the cause" of crime. That is an idiotic Right Wing perspective they use to paint the Left with. Why in the world would you not realize that?

I mean, are you so brainwashed by Fox News that you think Liberals are going around saying, "Guns kill people, people don't kill people" I'm so sick of the parrot Right Wingers. I am going to start my own Right Wing news source and end this idiot plague on America.

No one in history said guns were "the cause" of crime. That is an idiotic Right Wing perspective they use to paint the Left with. Why in the world would you not realize that?

I mean, are you so brainwashed by Fox News that you think Liberals are going around saying, "Guns kill people, people don't kill people" I'm so sick of the parrot Right Wingers. I am going to start my own Right Wing news source and end this idiot plague on America.

:palm:

Back