17-Question test to see if your beliefs are logically defensible

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
mUWPP.png

Needless to say I am sure many of you will fail this miserably.

http://www.philosophersnet.com/games/god.htm

My grandfather told me that logic is a process by which one can arrive at the wrong conclusion with confidence.

The quiz carries its own bias and possibly a hidden agenda thus making any result questionable. Some of the questions were badly formed and also used words which might hold different contextualised meanings depending on whether the respondent admitted to a faith or not.

(Not sour grapes: my result was the same the evidence posted by a previous poster.)

Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity without being hit and biting only one bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullet occurred because you responded in a way that required that you held a view that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, because you bit only one bullet and avoided direct hits completely you still qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

I said that believing in the Lock Ness monster without any evidence is fine and that Atheism, in the lack of evidence of god, is a matter of faith, and they shot me. Bigots.

My grandfather told me that logic is a process by which one can arrive at the wrong conclusion with confidence.
This is trrue. Logic does not replace thinking. It is a tool used when one thinks. Of course the corollary to that would be that faith is a process by which one can arrive at the wrong conclusion with absolute certainty of being right and regardless of what the evidence might be.

The quiz carries its own bias and possibly a hidden agenda thus making any result questionable. Some of the questions were badly formed and also used words which might hold different contextualised meanings depending on whether the respondent admitted to a faith or not.

(Not sour grapes: my result was the same the evidence posted by a previous poster.)
No, I disagree. The differant contextualized meanings is what makes this a test. A fact, is a fact regardless of context. For example, there's only one way to answer all the questions with out contradicting your self. That's at the very first question. Can one prove God exist?

If you answer either yes or no, you're on you way to taking a hit or a bullet.

The only logically defensible answer is "I don't know".

the bullet i bit was I said god could make square circles.

also wm did this test about 5 times before posting what he did

Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of distinction! This is our second highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity without being hit and biting only one bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullet occurred because you responded in a way that required that you held a view that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, because you bit only one bullet and avoided direct hits completely you still qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

I said that believing in the Lock Ness monster without any evidence is fine and that Atheism, in the lack of evidence of god, is a matter of faith, and they shot me. Bigots.

It's geared that way.
There trying to correlate a connection between nothing to show the Loch Ness Monster exists and have it mean that God therefore can't exist.
Similar BS has been around, for a long time.

Outstanding....

Your Grandfather must have been a very sharp guy.....:good4u:
============

Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!

The fact that you progressed through this activity being hit only once and biting very few bullets suggests that your beliefs about God are well thought out and almost entirely internally consistent.

The direct hit you suffered occurred because one set of your answers implied a logical contradiction. The bitten bullets occurred because you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. At the bottom of this page, we have reproduced the analyses of your direct hit and bitten bullets.

Because you only suffered one direct hit and bit very few bullets, you qualify for our second highest award. A good achievement!

the bullet i bit was I said god could make square circles.

also wm did this test about 5 times before posting what he did

DITTO....:clink:
====

And I'm upset about it....

GOD implies omnipotence...and that overrides what is thought to be logical....lol

The whole idea of GOD is illogical....

Last edited:
Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, you avoided both these fates - and in doing so qualify for our highest award. A fine achievement!

Battleground Analysis
Congratulations!

You have been awarded the TPM medal of honour! This is our highest award for outstanding service on the intellectual battleground.

The fact that you progressed through this activity neither being hit nor biting a bullet suggests that your beliefs about God are internally consistent and very well thought out.

A direct hit would have occurred had you answered in a way that implied a logical contradiction. You would have bitten bullets had you responded in ways that required that you held views that most people would have found strange, incredible or unpalatable. However, you avoided both these fates - and in doing so qualify for our highest award. A fine achievement

This was an interesting exercise for me, as I am a Deist, but do not claim the label because I feel there is proof of the existence of a creator or initial causality, rather that there are clues and logical suppositions which support the idea. The authors of the quiz seemed to have allowed for many different conceptualizations of god and what god can potentially do.

Back