1st press conference

Onceler

Man, what a difference. Bush was like a deer in the headlights when the bank crisis first started & he spoke to the press. It was like having a real President again watching Obama just now; he's totally engaged on the issue.

The only thing Bush managed to at least feign being engaged on was the war; at least w/ those press conferences, he seemed to have moments where he was thinking on his own. He basically mailed in the rest.

Have at it; I know, I'm a worshipper of the "messiah"....

Man, what a difference. Bush was like a deer in the headlights when the bank crisis first started & he spoke to the press. It was like having a real President again watching Obama just now; he's totally engaged on the issue.

The only thing Bush managed to at least feign being engaged on was the war; at least w/ those press conferences, he seemed to have moments where he was thinking on his own. He basically mailed in the rest.

I thought Obama handles his first press conference with a lot of honesty.

It is a breath of fresh air.:cof1:

So much better. Ahhh, we have a literate president. See the difference between who the Democrats put up v. who the Republicans trust!!!

NOt only did 9-11 destroy many many lives, parts of NYC and Washington, it gave Bush more power than that man should ever ever have had. IT got him elected in 2004 it destroyed America's constitution and our government, it exposed our president for the idiot he is and destroyed the reputation of the presidency itself.

Its time to start rebuilding, they rebuilt the pentagon, they will soon be rebuilding the twin towers, and OBAMA will now start rebuilding the America we lost. The constitution will soon be valid again, the presidency will again garner respect and power to effect posative change. Our economy can start being rebuilt. America is finally starting its recovery from 9-11 and Bush. - We can move on from the early 00's into a new world. I hope.

Last edited:

I can't wait to see it. I want to see the entire thing though, not just whatever outtakes someone decides to put on the news.

LOL

His first press conference and his first apology...

WASHINGTON (AP) - President-elect Obama called Nancy Reagan on Friday to apologize for joking that she held seances in the White House.

At a news conference in Chicago, Obama said he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepares to take office in January. Then he smiled and said, "I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances."

The 87-year-old former first lady had consulted with astrologers during her husband's presidency. But she did not hold conversations with the dead.

Obama spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter said the president-elect later called Mrs. Reagan "to apologize for the careless and offhanded remark." She said Obama "expressed his admiration and affection for Mrs. Reagan that so many Americans share, and they had a warm conversation."

It actually wasn't Nancy Reagan who was linked to conversations with the dead; it was Obama's top Democratic challenger for the presidency, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y.

Back