$200 Million... And the cash advantage goes to?

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/23/campaign.warchests/index.html?eref=rss_politics

updated 5:10 p.m. EDT, Wed July 23, 2008

Campaign war chests near $200 million

(CNN) -- Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama and the major political parties supporting their presidential bids have amassed campaign war chests totaling almost $200 million, according to campaign finance documents filed this week with the Federal Election Commission.

McCain and the Republicans held a combined cash advantage over Obama and the Democrats, with $105.2 million in the bank as of June 30, compared with $92.1 million.

More at link...

And I thought you knew politics? The leader always gets the most donations. Renting favors with the winner you know. What good will favors do with the loser ?

Plus the bush type republicans are pretty much like the plague right now.

One reporter welcomed McCains plane in the other day.

I never heard but figured he worked for Fox.

And I thought you knew politics? The leader always gets the most donations. Renting favors with the winner you know. What good will favors do with the loser ?

Plus the bush type republicans are pretty much like the plague right now.

One reporter welcomed McCains plane in the other day.

I never heard but figured he worked for Fox.

Am I missing something? Obama is leading in the polls yet according to this article McCain (barely) leads in money. How does that tie to what you are trying to claim?

Am I missing something? Obama is leading in the polls yet according to this article McCain (barely) leads in money. How does that tie to what you are trying to claim?
I think he's on pain medication. He's making no sense today.

I think he's on pain medication. He's making no sense today.

Seriously, I'm hung over so I had to read it again to make sure. He's claiming they give the most money to the winner (or leader). Obama is leading in the polls yet according to this article McCain has more money. There is a disconnect right?

Seriously, I'm hung over so I had to read it again to make sure. He's claiming they give the most money to the winner (or leader). Obama is leading in the polls yet according to this article McCain has more money. There is a disconnect right?

Yes. Their is a disconnect. But given where you obtained your education it is not all that surprising that the senile KY man confused you.

Yes. Their is a disconnect. But given where you obtained your education it is not all that surprising that the senile KY man confused you.

I was just thinking what I should do this weekend and catching a flight to Denver to kick some hippie's butt sounds pretty good right now!

I was just thinking what I should do this weekend and catching a flight to Denver to kick some hippie's butt sounds pretty good right now!

Well, when you find the hippy you want to beat on, give me a call so I can come and watch a CO hippy kick the crap out of a Cali boy panting at altitude.

I just owned your ass Damo on the Bear Stears issue. You had to whine but we wete talking about oil. :clink:
Jesus, you can't just crawfish in just one thread you have to spread it into others? What is wrong with you? We were talking about Oil Speculation, you jumped in with some inane 'point' about how Baer Stearns was bailed out. Stop taking more than the recommended dosage of your painkillers, it really makes you bad.

how does that break down further break down? How much of the McCain/Repub amount is actually McCain warchest and how much is RNC? my bet is candidate vs candidate Obama has the cash advantage. And when General election time roles around will see who has more money, the guy that is using public financing or the guy that isn't.

Back