$4.90 gal

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
where i live, santa barbara county, ca, us of a - still a good deal compared to other nations

we bought a prius 1 1/2 years ago

it only gets 46 miles per gallon :pke:

not the 50 promised by the epa - the epa mileage estimates are biased in favor of the manufacturers - such a surprise

Gas should be priced based on transportation costs from the refinery. More people might want refineries built in their back yard.

Gas should be priced like everything, as much as your willing to pay for it. Here comes $5gallon.

it is only about 10% over here in most places, the state tax portion varies though.

I think the fed tax portion is .189 per gallon.

Last edited:
My Honda Hybrid gets, on average, 47 miles to the gallon, it's a bit higher than the Estimates...

We started using this mixture in all our work vehicles. The claim is that is helps the fuel burn more completely. I have to admit I was sceptical, but the van seems to have more power with less throttle. I don't know if the milage improved yet, but the van runs better with the mix.

http://action.publicbroadcasting.net/cartalk/posts/list/1122410.page

My manager says he's been using it in his wifes car for a year and it makes a difference. We'll see.

Put air in your tires. The single easiest and most effective change that will add to your gas mileage.

Put air in your tires. The single easiest and most effective change that will add to your gas mileage.

damo

if it is the correct pressure...otherwise less traction and new tires more often

i bought an electric air pump that fills the tire until the correct pressure is attained

actually, my daughter bought it for me as a present:)

with all due respect, fuck everyone of you on this thread. Please, continue to argue whoes dick is bigger.

Cawacko's foot long takes public transportation. And we all know Cawacko is no 'Smug' ass wanna be. And fuck you who think you are more green than me. Let's play big bank take little bank.

with all due respect, fuck everyone of you on this thread. Please, continue to argue whoes dick is bigger.

Cawacko's foot long takes public transportation. And we all know Cawacko is no 'Smug' ass wanna be. And fuck you who think you are more green than me. Let's play big bank take little bank.

caw

only one foot?:) mine is at least two:p...when i can get it up - too many medications :(

there is no public transportation available where i live...but then i am disabled and cannot walk far - blue placard - also, heat does me in and it is in the mid to high 90's now :(

the price of gas will continue to rise as long as the value of the dollar falls

what public transportation is available is raising its cost due to the rising cost of fuel

when i worked in sf and was healthier, i took BART

hopefully, the cost of gas will rise further and cause more people to take public transport

ps we still recycle and compost with drip water systems - i wonder how i will be able to cut back on water when i already have - front loading washer, low flow shower heads and toilets - but then we are in an agriculture zoned area and may not have to reduce

caw

only one foot?:) mine is at least two:p...when i can get it up - too many medications :(

there is no public transportation available where i live...but then i am disabled and cannot walk far - blue placard - also, heat does me in and it is in the mid to high 90's now :(

the price of gas will continue to rise as long as the value of the dollar falls

what public transportation is available is raising its cost due to the rising cost of fuel

when i worked in sf and was healthier, i took BART

hopefully, the cost of gas will rise further and cause more people to take public transport

ps we still recycle and compost with drip water systems - i wonder how i will be able to cut back on water when i already have - front loading washer, low flow shower heads and toilets - but then we are in an agriculture zoned area and may not have to reduce

hey dq, you know I love you sir. my prayers and blessings go to you and the misses....

Back