43,000 sent to battle who were medically unfit for duty

Another duplicate? Well, I guess this is important enough to repeat...

Who wants to bet this was an email alert sent out by one of the moveon.moron type sites?

I suppose we are to ignore certain parts of the article.

"The Pentagon records do not list what — or how serious — the health issues are, nor whether they were corrected before deployment, said Michael Kilpatrick, a deputy director for the Pentagon's Force Health Protection and Readiness Programs.

A Pentagon staffer examined 10,000 individual health records last year to determine causes for the non-deployable ratings, Kilpatrick said. Some reasons included a need for eyeglasses, dental work or allergy medicine and a small number of mental health cases, he said."

While the article does state some were sent that should not have been, how many of these 43,000 were the "needed eyeglasses" category and how many were in the "mental health" category??

No its been on the news guy.

Do you watch the news?

I did not realize it had been done but Yes I do feel these people are worth mentioning at least twice.

Yeah I bet MOST of the 43,000 were cause they needed crowns or their eye glasses adjusted. This war has thus far been run so compentently I am sure they didn't send people who couldn't do their jobs for real reasons. /sarcasm

Yeah I bet MOST of the 43,000 were cause they needed crowns or their eye glasses adjusted. This war has thus far been run so compentently I am sure they didn't send people who couldn't do their jobs for real reasons. /sarcasm

Again, as the article stated, there were most certainly some sent who should not have been sent. But as the article also states, there was a wide range of reasons to be on the list of 43,000. The article also states that the 43,000 does not reflect any who had problems resolved before being deployed.

Hence my question..... I wonder how many were for the "needs eyeglasses" type vs. the "mental health" type?

And I am SURE the DoD would fess up to all the ones they shouldn't have sent but did anyway. Probably a small number, less than 20. Again /sarcasm

Back