58% Say Next President Likely To Be Republican

meme

hopefully not too much damage will be done by then..
------------------------------------------------

Sunday, November 08, 2009
Fifty-eight percent (58%) of likely voters say it is at least somewhat likely the next president of the United States will be a Republican, according to the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey.

The number has been trending in this direction since Democrat Barack Obama took office in January and is up 14 points since then.

Thirty-one percent (31%) of voters see it as Very Likely that the next president will be a Republican.

The survey was taken on Tuesday and Wednesday nights of this past week, but the question did not specify whether the next president will be elected in 2012 or 2016. Republicans recaptured the governorships of New Jersey and Virginia in elections on Tuesday

(Want a free daily e-mail update? If it's in the news, it's in our polls). Rasmussen Reports updates are also available on Twitter or Facebook.

Just 29% of voters now say it is not very or not at all likely the next president will be from the GOP, the lowest level found all year and down nine points from January.

Sixty-six percent (66%) of men expect the next president to be a Republican, compared to 52% of women.

Eighty-five percent (85%) of Republicans see a member of their party winning the presidency as likely, including 57% who see it as very likely. Sixty percent (60%) of voters not affiliated with either major party think they're right, but just 31% of Democrats agree.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...58_say_next_president_likely_to_be_republican

Well, once Obama does away with term limits, I don't see that as too much of an issue.

Once Obama decides to retire from the Presidency after a few decades, I can see the possibility of a Republican...

Well, once Obama does away with term limits, I don't see that as too much of an issue.

Once Obama decides to retire from the Presidency after a few decades, I can see the possibility of a Republican...
What are you smoking tonight and why haven't you passed it this way? Unless it escaped your notice, it would take a constitutional amendment to overturn Presidential term limits. Obama can't do that alone.

I got the Oncys drift, and believe me I'm sure those thoughts are swirling around this administration already..

Back