900+ up on the dow today

Whats you thoughts?

Too much, too soon. With the full market open tomorrow (bond markets were closed) we will see the reaction. I think this was a dead cat bounce again.

At this point, I would guess we go back down and test the lows. IF we shoot up further tomorrow... duck and cover. I would not be a buyer just yet.

wall street thinks we found the bottom last week. Look for profit taking early tomorrow and another dip late in the day as selling sparks another small panic.

My best guess

Yeah, got guys in my office day trading. This 23 year old bought a beer pong table with his money made on chevron today. Of course he was crying at his desk last week.
Well, now he can drink rather than cry. Unless he is a tearful drunk. I'm only a tearful drunk when a woman owns me in the bed, as Darla can attest to.

I thought SF was saying it was because they had not started buying up the bad debts yet ?

Perhaps it went up because Americans trust the other leaders finiancial and otherwise of the world better than American ones ?

Stick to the fundamentals and keep short money in safe investments while long term money just ride it out. Dont forget the 90% of the markets gains happens in 10% of the market days. Not even a professional can pick the days.

Stick to the fundamentals and keep short money in safe investments while long term money just ride it out. Dont forget the 90% of the markets gains happens in 10% of the market days. Not even a professional can pick the days.
If you go by the S&P, in the past 5 years (before the panic) there was a 20% gain in the S&P, in that same time period there were 5 big days, if you missed just 2 of the biggest days trying to time the market you would have only 1/3 of that gain, if you missed all 5 of the days you would be at a loss, you would have none of the gain.

Timing the market is a bad idea.

Back