96 years ago today.........

Little-Acorn

96 years ago today (tonight actually), on April 14, 1912, the ocean liner HMS Titanic struck an iceberg and sank in the north Atlantic. 1,500 of the 2,400 people aboard, lost their lives.

It was OK.

Made for a good date movie and thrilled millions of teenaged girls.

I still think Decaprio is a great actor. He did the job he was supposed to do in the movie.
I agree though it was overrated.

It was OK.

I still think Decaprio is a great actor. He did the job he was supposed to do in the movie.
The direction was terrible, and they either didn't have (or didn't follow the advice of) technical advisers.

People standing around in the water inside the ship would have frozen to death as easily as those who were in the water outside the ship.

Water does not flow stern to bow in the aft end of a ship that split in twain. The water flows from bow to stern in such a case, unless the ship was compartmentalized which would have saved the Titanic.

I can go on.

The storyline was so boring that I noted a myriad of these things while watching, there was no suspension of disbelief because the idiocy they tried to pass of as realistic was so inane...

It was OK.

The direction was terrible, and they either didn't have (or didn't follow the advice of) technical advisers.

People standing around in the water inside the ship would have frozen to death as easily as those who were in the water outside the ship.

Water does not flow stern to bow in the aft end of a ship that split in twain. The water flows from bow to stern in such a case, unless the ship was compartmentalized which would have saved the Titanic.

I can go on.

The storyline was so boring that I noted a myriad of these things while watching, there was no suspension of disbelief because the idiocy they tried to pass of as realistic was so inane...

I can go on.

You must be out of your mind, or have suffered a stroke or something.

You must be out of your mind, or have suffered a stroke or something.
No, Just spent time on actual ships.

Also the whole, "Rich people stuffy, poor people fun" crap is old, hence it is boring. One thing that people who make money will know is that people are people and have fun even if they are rich. And if you are going to have people dancing in the poor area, make sure the paper clips are picked up as the modern version of that device hadn't been created yet, they looked FAR different back then.

Also, watch the length of your cigars during cuts, short-long-short cigars just look crappy.

No, Just spent time on actual ships.

Also the whole, "Rich people stuffy, poor people fun" crap is old, hence it is boring. One thing that people who make money will know is that people are people and have fun even if they are rich. And if you are going to have people dancing in the poor area, make sure the paper clips are picked up as the modern version of that device hadn't been created yet, they looked FAR different back then.

Also, watch the length of your cigars during cuts, short-long-short cigars just look crappy.

Wow.

You are an exciting man Damo.

Wow.

You are an exciting man Damo.
I'm a fricking Engineer. Give me a break! It is in the core of my being to watch for things like this when my mind is bored. That is why the storyline is so important.

I'm supposed to ignore reality for a while during a flick. Give me a compelling story, not two teens have sex and one dies to keep me watching the movie rather than for mistakes....

And what is even more funny, to me at least, is that next time you watch this flick, you'll be looking for these things...

:D

Yeah I dont watch many chick flicks.

I live with two males and lived most of my life in houses full of guys.

Chick flicks dont do it for me either.

The only romance that matters is your own and other people romance is boring.

And what is even more funny, to me at least, is that next time you watch this flick, you'll be looking for these things...

:D
I bet you are captivating movie date. "Oh and look at that! They didn't have that back then!" I have to admit though I said the same thing. I was telling my ex that the water in the ship would be so cold that she would have NEVER been able to weild the axe once she got there. They would have died together with him chained to the ship.

But you are right, the movie SUCKED!

Yeah I dont watch many chick flicks.

I live with two males and lived most of my life in houses full of guys.

Chick flicks dont do it for me either.

The only romance that matters is your own and other people romance is boring.

Really? I can't believe that. I guess I am a total girl. I was channel surfing only a few weeks ago, and I came across An Affair To Remember (the real one with Cary Grant), and sure enough, when you see his realization that she was the girl who bought his painting, and that she's in a wheelchair and that's why she never showed up, right on que, I started sobbing.

Old yeller had rabies...did you cry for the dog or the boy who had to shoot him?

daaym, am I the only one who does not have BB on ignore or something ?

Anyway, I cried for both, why Old yeller had rabies and for the boy having to shoot him after old yeller saved him and cuaght rabies by saving him if I recall correctly.

Anyway, I cried for both, why Old yeller had rabies and for the boy having to shoot him after old yeller saved him and cuaght rabies by saving him if I recall correctly.

Yes, and he has developed quite a fixation on you. You lucky dog you.

You may be the only one, though sometimes I will see what his alcohol addled brain is thinking by viewing his "thoughts". But most of the time it just says "This user is on your Ignore List". I think I speak for all of us that would ask that when you reply to him you don't quote him. Then we very rarely if ever have to see how he mentally can't walk a straight line.

Back