A bit of somewhat good news

uscitizen

Villified User
Oil Falls on Weak Demand Report

Wednesday March 19, 3:20 PM EDT

NEW YORK (AP) — Oil prices pulled back sharply Wednesday after the government released data suggesting that the high price of oil and gasoline are depressing demand for petroleum products.

The demand numbers in the Energy Information Administration's weekly inventory report overshadowed data showing that supplies of oil grew less than expected last week, while gasoline and heating oil supplies fell.

Gas prices at the pump, meanwhile, slipped lower for the third day while diesel fuel rose to another record.

Overall consumption of oil and its products fell by 3.2 percent over the last four weeks compared to the same period last year, the EIA said. Demand for gasoline fell by 1 percent over the same period.

"It doesn't look like we've got much in the way of demand here for gasoline," said Tim Evans, an analyst at Citigroup Inc., in New York.

http://finance.myway.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_rt.jsp?section=news&feed=ap&src=601&news_id=ap-d8vgmgc82&date=20080319

Everyone should refuse to leave town for Spring Break and even during Easter. Don't drive. That will drive prices down

No one is really stopping driving anywhere gas is real cheap.

That said, Oil will fall way below $100 this year.:readit:

speculation only works till demand at that price fizzles out.

I think oil prob will fall into 80's.. then shoot back up

I figure oil to hold around 85-100 range unless the economy goes really south, then we may see $60 oil again.

remember now, so far I have hit price of oil predictions closer than topper.

Back