A Developing Wave

Cancel7

Banned
I'm starting to think that the only people buying these invented scandals, are the media. Check out these numbers....it looks like Obama is going up up up, and in PA and Indiana, the places this was supposed to hurt him.

I really related to what Onceler said yesterday, about having no feel for how these things are playing. And the reason for that is, I've seen things take hold and effect elections that I thought were nothing. And I'd be like "you're kidding me right?" So when you feel that you are kind of out of touch about what's important ( you know me, I think things like war and fucking feeding your kids are important, that's how much of an left-wing elitist I am), you just don't trust yourself anymore.

But it's looking like the people who are really out of touch are, the Clintons, and the media.

She'll be out by EOM at this rate. Good riddance.

LOS ANGELES TIMES/BLOOMBERG POLL
Hillary Clinton loses traction over Barack Obama in Pennsylvania, Indiana
Her formerly double-digit lead is now just a 5-point margin in Pennsylvania, a survey finds. The reduced margin makes a win for her there less significant. She trails Obama among Hoosiers.
By Janet Hook
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

11:05 PM PDT, April 15, 2008

WASHINGTON — With three crucial Democratic primaries looming, Hillary Rodham Clinton may not be headed toward the blockbuster victories she needs to jump-start her presidential bid -- even in Pennsylvania, the state that was supposed to be her ace in the hole, a new Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll has found.

The survey found the New York senator leading Barack Obama by 5 percentage points in Pennsylvania, which votes next Tuesday. Such a margin would not give her much of a boost in the battle for the party's nomination.

What is more, the poll found Clinton trailed Obama by 5 percentage points in Indiana, another Rust Belt state that should play to her strengths among blue-collar voters.

In North Carolina, an Obama stronghold, he is running 13 percentage points ahead.

The race remains volatile, however, because many likely voters in the Democratic primaries are still undecided -- 12% in Pennsylvania, 19% in Indiana and 17% in North Carolina.

"I could be one who goes into the voting box and makes up my mind at the polls," Gwen Hodavance, a receptionist in Paoli, Pa., said in an interview after participating in the poll. "Obama is the best candidate, the best articulator of the mood for change -- but I don't know how he would be for president."

The results underscore the rough road ahead for Clinton in the balloting in Pennsylvania and, on May 6, in Indiana and North Carolina.

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-na-poll16apr16,0,948546,print.story

I saw those polls, and was kind of mystified, but I do tend to buy into media hype of any kind, much as I try to deny it. And the hype on this one has been so over the top; I really expected to see Obama down by 20 in PA.

I remember when Obama won Iowa, how the media created this wave going into NH that made him "inevitable," and wrote Clinton's epitaph. There was a lot of talk after that (among the media) that the media itself had created a backlash, and that people simply don't like to be told what they are thinking, or supposed to think. It's certainly possible that people heard the media's take on Obama's bitter remarks, and Hillary's counter-take that people who are out of work & can't afford gas are "optimistic" and "ready to roll up their sleeves," and are saying f that, I'm pissed off, and I'm sick of people candycoating that.

I'd definitely love it if the American electorate exceeded my expectations this year....

I'm starting to think that the only people buying these invented scandals, are the media. Check out these numbers....it looks like Obama is going up up up, and in PA and Indiana, the places this was supposed to hurt him.

I really related to what Onceler said yesterday, about having no feel for how these things are playing. And the reason for that is, I've seen things take hold and effect elections that I thought were nothing. And I'd be like "you're kidding me right?" So when you feel that you are kind of out of touch about what's important ( you know me, I think things like war and fucking, feeding your kids are important, that's how much of an left-wing elitist I am), you just don't trust yourself anymore.

But it's looking like the people who are really out of touch are, the Clintons, and the media.

She'll be out by EOM at this rate. Good riddance. from Code Pink

LOS ANGELES TIMES/BLOOMBERG POLL
Hillary Clinton loses traction over Barack Obama in Pennsylvania, Indiana
Her formerly double-digit lead is now just a 5-point margin in Pennsylvania, a survey finds. The reduced margin makes a win for her there less significant. She trails Obama among Hoosiers.
By Janet Hook
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

11:05 PM PDT, April 15, 2008

WASHINGTON — With three crucial Democratic primaries looming, Hillary Rodham Clinton may not be headed toward the blockbuster victories she needs to jump-start her presidential bid -- even in Pennsylvania, the state that was supposed to be her ace in the hole, a new Los Angeles Times/Bloomberg poll has found.

The survey found the New York senator leading Barack Obama by 5 percentage points in Pennsylvania, which votes next Tuesday. Such a margin would not give her much of a boost in the battle for the party's nomination.

What is more, the poll found Clinton trailed Obama by 5 percentage points in Indiana, another Rust Belt state that should play to her strengths among blue-collar voters.

In North Carolina, an Obama stronghold, he is running 13 percentage points ahead.

The race remains volatile, however, because many likely voters in the Democratic primaries are still undecided -- 12% in Pennsylvania, 19% in Indiana and 17% in North Carolina.

"I could be one who goes into the voting box and makes up my mind at the polls," Gwen Hodavance, a receptionist in Paoli, Pa., said in an interview after participating in the poll. "Obama is the best candidate, the best articulator of the mood for change -- but I don't know how he would be for president."

The results underscore the rough road ahead for Clinton in the balloting in Pennsylvania and, on May 6, in Indiana and North Carolina.

http://www.latimes.com/news/la-na-poll16apr16,0,948546,print.story

:shock:

Back