A Dream of Liberty

ADreamOfLiberty

Verified User
Hello,

I hope to have useful and polite debates on a number of subjects within this community. Some people see debate as a game, I don't. I think it has an fundamental purpose in curing ourselves of delusions and hypocrisy. I call it 'social reasoning'... in the generally rare circumstances that people know how to use the rules of logic and don't take disagreement personally.

I can be triggered, open unrepentant hypocrisy is the big one; but also things like people saying the genetically inferior should be drowned at birth. I hold grudges.

A special thanks to whoever is behind jppadmin@justplainpolitics.com for helping me register. This nickname is completely anonymous to allow for total honesty and sometimes this causes problems for anti-spam anti-DDoS systems. I hope I don't cause him to regret the effort.

Maybe I just stepped into a bad part of town but my first interactions on this site seemed to involve an unusual number of zombie like creatures, I've already got three on ignore. I suspect I may be spending more time in the "above plain politics" section.

Only took 9 posts to have seen enough of them. You might have a bit of a culture issue with this forum.

As you will find most everywhere in this dark age where the West is dying there are very few people here who are interested in learning and tell the truth. Most people are all in with the tribal narrative wars, and write a lot of fiction in the process, often being very unpleasant to be around.

But I am still here, and so is TOP, and a few other people of quality.

As you will find most everywhere in this dark age where the West is dying there are very few people here who are interested in learning and tell the truth. Most people are all in with the tribal narrative wars, and write a lot of fiction in the process, often being very unpleasant to be around.

But I am still here, and so is TOP, and a few other people of quality.
Well where do those people hang out? I just finished reading a thread where they're blaming each other for a rape/murder. Literally "all Biden supporters are responsible". I know acting the pearl clutcher isn't conducive to any kind of tough guy image but this is extremely low brow.

Well where do those people hang out? I just finished reading a thread where they're blaming each other for a rape/murder. Literally "all Biden supporters are responsible". I know acting the pearl clutcher isn't conducive to any kind of tough guy image but this is extremely low brow.

Let's be honest, this is a very small joint with only a few people worth talking to. I am here because I was abused at the last two boards I was on, most notably by staff and owner.....had given up on boards till Frank Apisa who I know back to 2006ish and I were chatting over at Able2Know.org and he thought that I might like it here. There are reasons I stay for so little, to include being on the lookout for people who are worth spending time with.

If you are good I request that you dont leave immediately, as almost everyone does.

Let's be honest, this is a very small joint with only a few people worth talking to. I am here because I was abused at the last two boards I was on, most notably by staff and owner.....had given up on boards till Frank Apisa who I know back to 2006ish and I were chatting over at Able2Know.org and he thought that I might like it here. There are reasons I stay for so little, to include being on the lookout for people who are worth spending time with.
Well it seemed pretty active, that's why I tried to join. I should have checked for quality over quantity maybe; but really there doesn't seem to be many options. Reddit and twitter (or 'X' as we are supposed to call it) seem to be sucking up all the people who want to talk online (and turning them into raging drones).

I think you're right about fewer and fewer people being interested in truth... or at least rationally discovered truth.

If you are good I request that you dont leave immediately, as almost everyone does.
Well I'm not going to immolate myself in some kind of spectacle of deleting my account if that's what you mean.

No promises about how often I post or read.

As for being 'good', I have a few extremely minority (unpopular) opinions. I can promise that I care about the argument more than the man and that I won't ever be the first one to make it personal.

Well it seemed pretty active, that's why I tried to join. I should have checked for quality over quantity maybe; but really there doesn't seem to be many options. Reddit and twitter (or 'X' as we are supposed to call it) seem to be sucking up all the people who want to talk online (and turning them into raging drones).

I think you're right about fewer and fewer people being interested in truth... or at least rationally discovered truth.

Well I'm not going to immolate myself in some kind of spectacle of deleting my account if that's what you mean.

No promises about how often I post or read.

As for being 'good', I have a few extremely minority (unpopular) opinions. I can promise that I care about the argument more than the man and that I won't ever be the first one to make it personal.

God Speed.

Back