A Great BLACK Writer

jollie

A poster with a descriptive name called "dungheap" put up a post called "Why'd he v. Whitey". I can only assume that this is yet ANOTHER poor attempt at calling All Republicans, and Conservatives, Racists. I NEVER cease to find this FUNNY, considering Democrats are the Party of Slavery(Southern Democrats wanting to keep their cotton farms), then they were the party of Jim Crow, then the Party of Separate but Equal, then the Party of Fighting Against the 1964 Civil Rights Act (Democrats like Al Gore's father, and K.K.K. Leader Sen. Robt. Byrd, many others were the fiercest, most Hate-Filled opponents, if NOT FOR REPUBLICANS HELPING LYNDON JOHNSON, 1964 Civil Rights WOULD NOT HAVE PASSED).

But I digress. I'm not here to call Liberals Racists, even though many secretly ARE. I'm here to discuss the opinions of MANY, who believe that Guilty White Liberals, and so-called "Moderates", are the ONLY ones keeping the Horrendously and DANGEROUSLY Inexperienced and Naiive Barack Obama in contention.
To actually CONSIDER a man, of ANY race, creed, religion, that had a Total of 186 DAYS IN THE SENATE, before he declared himself a Candidate for President, has opinions that show a contempt and distaste for American Flags, the Free Market System, and Capitalism in General, wants to MEET AND GIVE STATURE TO Foreign Enemies who chant "Death to America, to whip their Terrorist-Filled Crowds int a Frenzy, and has Close Relationships of DECADES, with Racist "White-America Haters", and American-Born Terrorists who BOMBED THE PENTAGON!........ well, all I can say, is, there must be a LOT of Guilt, to vote for THAT resume, just because the owner of it is Black.

But don't listen to ME, I'm White, and I DONT vote for people based on their skin color. I believe in the words of Martin Luther King, who said, "Judge not by the color of his skin, but by the content of a man's character." Here's ANOTHER very wise Black Man.
Following THIS, Watch For the REAL RACISTS. They will have NOTHING to say, to refute MR. Sowell's wise and factual words. INSTEAD, they will resort to the "Umbrella of the Cowards and the Stupid" They will call him "Uncle Tom", or a "Traitor to his Race", because they CAN'T challenge his FACTS, Haaahahaha! That's why men like Sowell sleep peacefully, and hold their heads High with Pride. Cause they TELL IT LIKE IT IS!

When they see 12, and 13 yr.old young Black kids shooting holes in each other in the streets, like they do in my little city, he and Cosby, other honest men, they don't act like Sharpton. They don't get their face on the News, and Blame "The White Establishment, the White Gun Company Owners"! They put the BLAME on Parents who never sit down with their kids for dinner, never take them to church, never take the time to FIND OUT WHAT THEY;RE DOING, at 12, out in the Streets till 1:00 AM. And they Blame the Public Schools, who are TOO BUSY worring about "Multiculturalism", and "Passing out Condoms", to teach the things I, and many of my age were taught. Human Decency. Respect for Others. The Golden Rule. DISCIPLINE.Ah, what's the use, right? You don't wanna hear MY ideas. I'm just a White Cracker, who don't know NUTHIN' bout the Black Experince, even though I've LIVED around Black People, had both good freinds and viscious, violent punks as neighbors. Listen to a Black man, who's MUCH smarter than ME.
Mascot Politics
By Thomas Sowell

Years ago, when Jack Greenberg left the NAACP Legal Defense Fund to become a professor at Columbia University, he announced that he was going to make it a point to hire a black secretary at Columbia.

This would of course make whomever he hired be seen as a token black, rather than as someone selected on the basis of competence.

This reminded me of the first time I went to Milton Friedman's office when I was a graduate student at the University of Chicago back in 1960, and I noticed that he had a black secretary. This was four years before the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and there was no such thing as affirmative action.

It so happened that Milton Friedman had another black secretary decades later, at the Hoover Institution-- and she was respected as one of the best secretaries around.

When I mentioned to someone at the Hoover Institution that I was having a hard time finding a secretary who could handle a tough job in my absence, I was told that I needed someone like Milton Friedman's secretary-- and that there were not many like her.

At no time in all these years did I hear Milton Friedman say, either publicly or privately, that he had a black secretary.

William F. Buckley's wife once mentioned in passing, at dinner in her home, that she had been involved for years in working with a school in Harlem. But I never heard her or Bill Buckley ever say that publicly.

Nor do conservatives who were in the civil rights marches in the South, back when that was dangerous, make that a big deal.

For people on the left, however, blacks are trophies or mascots, and must therefore be put on display. Nowhere is that more true than in politics.

The problem with being a mascot is that you are a symbol of someone else's significance or virtue. The actual well-being of a mascot is not the point.

Liberals all across the country have not hesitated to destroy black neighborhoods in the name of "urban renewal," often replacing working-class neighborhoods with upscale homes and pricey businesses-- neither of which the former residents can afford.

In academia, lower admissions standards for black students is about having them as a visible presence, even if mismatching them with the particular college or university produces high dropout rates.

The black students who don't make it are replaced by others, and when many of them don't make it, there are still more others.

The point is to have black faces on campus, as mascots symbolizing what great people there are running the college or university.

Many, if not most, of the black students who do not make it at big-name, high-pressure institutions are perfectly qualified to succeed at the normal range of colleges and universities.

Most white students would also punch out if admitted to schools for which they don't have the same qualifications as the other students. But nobody needs white mascots.

Various empirical studies have indicated that blacks succeed best at institutions where there is little or no difference between their qualifications and the qualifications of the other students around them.

This is not rocket science but it is amazing how much effort and cleverness have gone into denying the obvious.

A study by Professor Richard Sander of the UCLA law school suggests that there may be fewer black lawyers as a result of "affirmative action" admissions to law schools that are a mismatch for the individuals admitted.

Leaping to the defense of black criminals is another common practice among liberals who need black mascots. Most of the crimes committed by black criminals are committed against other blacks. But, again, the actual well-being of mascots is not the point.

Politicians who use blacks as mascots do not hesitate to throw blacks to the wolves for the benefit of the teachers' unions, the green zealots whose restrictions make housing unaffordable, or people who keep low-price stores like Wal-Mart out of their cities.

Using human beings as mascots is not idealism. It is self-aggrandizement that is ugly in both its concept and its consequences.

I’m so glad you put up this thread jollie, it’s as if my thoughts are transmitting themselves to you and making you do what I want, without either one of us realizing it. It’s kind of like having a really well-trained dog.

I was just thinking that I want to talk about my new lip gloss, but didn’t feel like making a whole new thread, and all the other threads are about Hillary, which, yawn.

So, I was in the M.A.C. store and they have this new lip balm, that is really like a lip gloss while also being a lip balm. Now, I don’t know if you know this about me, but I am addicted to lip balm, and I also like a little color, so, well, suffice it to say it’s as if they invented it just for me.

I am wearing this color called “deep sigh” and it’s just gorgeous, plus it moisturizers, plus, it’s spf12. I mean, I just don’t see how you can do better.

A poster with a descriptive name called "dungheap" put up a post called "Why'd he v. Whitey". I can only assume that this is yet ANOTHER poor attempt at calling All Republicans, and Conservatives, Racists. I NEVER cease to find this FUNNY

I always find it funny. And true!

Back