a great way to have that second civil war

Not sure if most people in here consider worldnetdaily a conspiracy rag or not, but this could get interesting......and very bloody.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=83364
U.S. now only 2 states away from rewriting Constitution

A public policy organization has issued an urgent alert stating affirmative votes are needed from only two more states before a Constitutional Convention could be assembled in which "today's corrupt politicians and judges" could formally change the U.S. Constitution's "'problematic' provisions to reflect the philosophical and social mores of our contemporary society."

"Don't for one second doubt that delegates to a Con Con wouldn't revise the First Amendment into a government-controlled privilege, replace the 2nd Amendment with a 'collective' right to self-defense, and abolish the 4th, 5th, and 10th Amendments, and the rest of the Bill of Rights," said the warning from the American Policy Institute.

"Additions could include the non-existent separation of church and state, the 'right' to abortion and euthanasia, and much, much more," the group said.

The warning comes at a time when Barack Obama, who is to be voted the next president by the Electoral College Monday, has expressed his belief the U.S. Constitution needs to be interpreted through the lens of current events.

Tom DeWeese, who runs the center and its education and grassroots work, told WND the possibilities stunned him when he discovered lawmakers in Ohio are considering a call for a Constitutional Convention. He explained that 32 other states already have taken that vote, and only one more would be needed to require Congress to name convention delegates who then would have more power than Congress itself.

WND Exclusive OBAMA WATCH CENTRAL
U.S. now only 2 states away from rewriting Constitution
Critic: 'This is a horrible time to try such a crazy scheme'
Posted: December 12, 2008
12:25 am Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

A public policy organization has issued an urgent alert stating affirmative votes are needed from only two more states before a Constitutional Convention could be assembled in which "today's corrupt politicians and judges" could formally change the U.S. Constitution's "'problematic' provisions to reflect the philosophical and social mores of our contemporary society."

"Don't for one second doubt that delegates to a Con Con wouldn't revise the First Amendment into a government-controlled privilege, replace the 2nd Amendment with a 'collective' right to self-defense, and abolish the 4th, 5th, and 10th Amendments, and the rest of the Bill of Rights," said the warning from the American Policy Institute.

"Additions could include the non-existent separation of church and state, the 'right' to abortion and euthanasia, and much, much more," the group said.

The warning comes at a time when Barack Obama, who is to be voted the next president by the Electoral College Monday, has expressed his belief the U.S. Constitution needs to be interpreted through the lens of current events.

Tom DeWeese, who runs the center and its education and grassroots work, told WND the possibilities stunned him when he discovered lawmakers in Ohio are considering a call for a Constitutional Convention. He explained that 32 other states already have taken that vote, and only one more would be needed to require Congress to name convention delegates who then would have more power than Congress itself.

(Story continues below)

"The U.S. Constitution places no restriction on the purposes for which the states can call for a convention," the alert said. "If Ohio votes to call a Con Con, for whatever purpose, the United States will be only one state away from total destruction. And it's a safe bet that those who hate this nation, and all She stands for, are waiting to pounce upon this opportunity to re-write our Constitution."

DeWeese told WND that a handful of quickly responding citizens appeared at the Ohio Legislature yesterday for the meeting at which the convention resolution was supposed to be handled.

State officials suddenly decided to delay action, he said, giving those concerned by the possibilities of such a convention a little time to breathe.

According to a Fox News report, Obama has stated repeatedly his desire for empathetic judges who "understand" the plight of minorities.

In a 2007 speech to Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest abortion provider, he said, "We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom. The empathy to understand what it's like to be poor, or African-American, or gay, or disabled, or old. And that's the criteria by which I'm going to be selecting my judges."

Obama also committed himself to respecting the Constitution but said the founding document must be interpreted in the context of current affairs and events.

A new constitutional convention would be a sure way to split liberal/conservative and start a whole new war, guaranteed.

We need a new constitution. Get rid of the relic. Don't replace the second with a collective right; get rid of it. There is no place for guns in a civilized society.

I haven't heard of a single state voting to have a constitutional convention to replace the constitution. Could you fill me in on how this massive conspiracy was carried out without anyone's knowledge? No, "liberal judges" do not count as another constitutional convention, but thanks for trying.

I haven't heard of a single state voting to have a constitutional convention to replace the constitution. Could you fill me in on how this massive conspiracy was carried out without anyone's knowledge? No, "liberal judges" do not count as another constitutional convention, but thanks for trying.
most people with common sense and intelligence would READ THE ARTICLE to find the answers to the questions you're asking.

Not sure if most people in here consider worldnetdaily a conspiracy rag or not, but this could get interesting......and very bloody.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=83364

A new constitutional convention would be a sure way to split liberal/conservative and start a whole new war, guaranteed.

Whelp another one from the lunatic fringe.

It's interesting to see how right wing extremist, like you, are now trying to co-opt the US Constitution. Have you given up on trying to BS people that you represent main stream views?

We need a new constitution. Get rid of the relic. Don't replace the second with a collective right; get rid of it. There is no place for guns in a civilized society.

I don't own a gun and I am not particularly pro-2nd amendment, but I think your idea would bring about an explosion in crime rate. Take away the guns from those who own them legally. Now there is a novel idea. Right now the crook drives down the street knowing 6 in 10 (just picking a number as I am not sure what the actual numbers are) homes have a firearm in them. So, which 4 of these 10 homes can I ransack today without risking having to dodge lead?

As for gun control and licensing, I'm for it. Don't let some pissed off husband go out tonight and buy a gun so that he can come home and blow his wife's brains out before he has had a chance to cool down and realize how foolish he would be for being so stupid.

The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens who really only own the guns for protection. There is no reason to take their guns away. We've already got laws against bad guys having and using guns. Enforce those laws but don't take the guns away from the law abiding citizens. If you do take law abiding citizens guns away you will not get the ones from the bad guys so you've only made it easier for them to be bad guys.

Immie

Whelp another one from the lunatic fringe.

It's interesting to see how right wing extremist, like you, are now trying to co-opt the US Constitution. Have you given up on trying to BS people that you represent main stream views?

you are seriously deluded and mental to consider me a right wing extremist. If anything, I'm an american extremist.

I don't own a gun and I am not particularly pro-2nd amendment, but I think your idea would bring about an explosion in crime rate. Take away the guns from those who own them legally. Now there is a novel idea. Right now the crook drives down the street knowing 6 in 10 (just picking a number as I am not sure what the actual numbers are) homes have a firearm in them. So, which 4 of these 10 homes can I ransack today without risking having to dodge lead?

As for gun control and licensing, I'm for it. Don't let some pissed off husband go out tonight and buy a gun so that he can come home and blow his wife's brains out before he has had a chance to cool down and realize how foolish he would be for being so stupid.

The vast majority of gun owners are law abiding citizens who really only own the guns for protection. There is no reason to take their guns away. We've already got laws against bad guys having and using guns. Enforce those laws but don't take the guns away from the law abiding citizens. If you do take law abiding citizens guns away you will not get the ones from the bad guys so you've only made it easier for them to be bad guys.

Immie

IF WE OUTLAW GUNS ONLY THE OUTLAWS WILL HAVZ TEH GUNZ...

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

Where do you think most people get illegal guns? Oh yeah, from stealing them from "law abiding citizens". There is no reason in a right that creates the reason for itself.

Last edited:

Where do you think most people get illegal guns? Oh yeah, from stealing them from "law abiding citizens". There is no reason in a right that creates the reason for itself.

there is no such thing as an illegal gun. illegal guns do not exist.

So, I suppose that if we ban guns then guns will just go away?

I certainly wish that would have worked for drugs.

Immie

A sawed off shotgun is illegal. I know you are planning to make some retarded irrelevant point. Please refrain.

a sawed off shotgun (or a shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches) can be government legit if the 200 dollar tax stamp is paid. any more retarded irrelevant points you need to have straightened out for you?:rolleyes:

you are seriously deluded and mental to consider me a right wing extremist. If anything, I'm an american extremist.

Oh, a nationalist? Well history shows just how evil those fanatics are. Being an American Extremist, that is, an American Nationalist is almost an oxymoron. It means you have absolutely no clue about the American experience, our shared history or what it means to be an American.

You're probably one of those mindless idiots who mouth moronic platitudes like "My country right or wrong" with out bothering to think that it's about the most un-American thing you can say.

So I'm really right. You're a right wing extremist. In Germany you'd be a Nazi. Are you a skin head too? Arian Brotherhood maybe? KKK?

Back