A little T.J.

icedancer2theend

Verified User
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive.”

“If once the people become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors, shall all become wolves. It seems to be the law of our general nature, in spite of individual exceptions.”

“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”

- Thomas Jefferson

I just love how the "baggers" love to quote Thomas Jefferson (disregarding the fact that he was a slaver holder, and fathered many mulatto children by Sally Hemmings), but themselves are "anti-Jefferson", by their ideology and actions.

I just love how the "baggers" love to quote Thomas Jefferson (disregarding the fact that he was a slaver holder, and fathered many mulatto children by Sally Hemmings), but themselves are "anti-Jefferson", by their ideology and actions.

Now hold on dude.

So you're saying you don't agree with things Jefferson said?

Or what?

I guess your saying that the things he wrote down and said are things you don't agree with.

Right?

Now hold on dude.

So you're saying you don't agree with things Jefferson said?

Or what?

I guess your saying that the things he wrote down and said are things you don't agree with.

Right?

That's what you got from my post? You're denser than I imagined. I admire Jefferson. I agree with much that he wrote. I find Republicans, Tea Baggers, and Libertarians out of align with his views. Geez.

That's what you got from my post? You're denser than I imagined. I admire Jefferson. I agree with much that he wrote. I find Republicans, Tea Baggers, and Libertarians out of align with his views. Geez.

I didn't expect that answer from you.

I would expect, "You're denser than I imagined", but not "I admire Jefferson." "I agree with much that he wrote."

I personally find Dems, Reps & Marxists out of align with his views.

But what do I know?

If Poet finds members of the TEA party movements "out of align with (Jefferson's) views", he is either completely ignorant of the TEA party, or of Jefferson, or both.

My guess is both. He probably looks at the statement "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." and sees an argument in favor of prohibiting open carry firearms.

"Get on the bed, Sally, and keep that crying down. If Mrs. Jefferson hears that shit, I'll have the overseer whip you again."

Slavefucker Tom, early role model for today's Tea-rorist

Back