A phenomenon

When Republicans win elections, we hear all sorts of "alleged" and "reported" stories about massive voter intimidation campaigns, many complete with tear gas, water cannon and snarling police dogs deployed by power-crazed GOP operatives eager to keep people from the polls.

Butterfly ballots which worked perfectly well for years in Cook County, Illinois and thousands of other polling locations are suddenly too problematic to count if a Republican wins in Florida.

The electronic voting demanded by the sore losers then becomes "hacker-friendly" and "easily manipulated" wherever a Republican wins a contest.

The same "suspect" and "flawed" methods of tallying the vote are miraculously above reproach when Democrats win. Suddenly, the phrase "stolen election" utterly vanishes from the lexicon, unless the speaker/writer is referring to a past GOP win.

One of the mysteries of life.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110010400

Who backed HAVA?

Who wrote HAVA?

Now if you wanted to deal with reality you would see that complaints about the machines came in in 2006 also. The machine fraud is done by only flipping a certain percent of the votes. If someone is winning by a large margin then the program can not overturn the election and only make it look closer.

You can pretend all you want but it does not change the facts.

What complaints?

I noticed you didn't produce any complaints from the 2006 election, you simply stated that they exist. I find myself reluctant to take your word for it....

"HAVA requires any voter who registers to vote by mail and has not previously voted in a Federal election show current and valid photo identification or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document that shows the name and address of the voter."

Is that what you meant by "voter intimidation" or "caging"?

Showing a "copy of an electric bill" is hardly caging, it isn't even proving residency. It is a travesty and preposterous. To say that it is overburdening a place where it is the law to walk around with a valid State ID to produce one of those weak forms of "Identification" is weak excuses to protect your own fraud and make it so that no evidence can be collected on it.

Back