A Role Model for All Rednecks

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/05/people.gretchenwilson.ap/index.html

"Despite all her successes, the 34-year-old singer and songwriter was one of 20 percent of Tennesseans without a high school diploma. But no longer.

Wilson, who dropped out in ninth grade, passed her General Educational Development exam in April and will don a cap and gown during a May 15 graduation ceremony."

With a little hard work and dedication you too can graduate from high school.

Good fer her. I had never heard of her though.

Oh I've heard of her. She was going strong a couple of years ago. Get the close-ups of her and/or read her bio's and it is easy to tell that she's oft been rode hard and put away wet. Partying, drinking, foul language. Not the role model I want.

" she's oft been rode hard and put away wet. "

I don't know what that means, but I like the saying.

" she's oft been rode hard and put away wet. "

I don't know what that means, but I like the saying.

It's a horse analogy. You're supposed to ride easy, not hard, and take care of the horse when you put it in the stall -- that includes a good rubdown (hence the "wet"). Basically it means that this person has not been well treated, nor has she treated herself well.

I have to admit, I was with Water on that one: completely wrong. I mean, not even in the same ballpark.

Like if you had given me 24 full hours to come up with what Thorn had said, I was in a completely different league.

Back