A Ron Paul Bill That Might Actually Pass

Adam Weinberg

Goldwater Republican
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h1207/text

Ron Paul is known for reintroducing legislation each session for philosophical purposes. Govtrack.us says he has introduced 335 bills since 1997--none have passed--and only 2 have made it out of committee.

As his admirers know, the real value he has always offered as a legislator is his conscience and insight, not his political efficacy.

In the case of HR1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, though, Congressman Paul may have finally introduced a piece of legislation that anyone with half a brain can comprehend in its relevance to our times. It should certainly have an opportunity to see the light of day.

If the bill makes its way to the Financial Services committee, upon which Ron Paul sits, I do hope the public will have demonstrated sufficient support that the House will have a chance to vote on it.

Here are the current Co-Sponsors (some Democrats among them, including long-time Obama friend Rep. Abercrombie):

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:HR01207:@@@P

I'm glad to say my Representative from back home in North Carolina is among them. If you want yours to be on the list too, then you know what to do:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/campaigns/auditthefed.php?projid=20

I've posted approximately 3,700 fewer times than you and gotten more done with it, too.

...What do you think? :D

ok. Ok. Here's the concept. Think "Night Court" meets "Battlestar Galactica" it's about Jewish Rabbis flying through space, administering Noahide Justice to the various principalities. It;s hilarious. It stars Sara Silverman and Abe Vigoda. It's a comedy.

ok. Ok. Here's the concept. Think "Night Court" meets "Battlestar Galactica" it's about Jewish Rabbis flying through space, administering Noahide Justice to the various principalities. It;s hilarious. It stars Sara Silverman and Abe Vigoda. It's a comedy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFvZtROeJrE"]YouTube - The Muppet Show - Pigs in Space:Star Wars Cast Board the Swinetrek (pt 1&2) and the Finale[/ame]

By the way, it's Friday afternoon still here in L.A. and I'm virtually unemployed!

Join the club! LOL
I just got released for work from my workmans comp claim... no more free cash.

But I woulda been laid off months ago anyway. so it's still a plus. I hope my back holds up or I'm gonna need a miracle.

I've seen tons of work on craigslist, but only a couple of people have responded. I managed to make 150 bucks in about 20 minutes making some guy logos. hehehh and he kept the initial rough drafts, the idiot. He was an asshole. He first asked if I could make his website for him. I explained that I had to look into PHP scripting at the hosting service because he wanted gateway interface and payment for courses he was selling. I don't know enough PHP yet, so I spent the morning calling a few hosts in PDX until I found a sweet deal with all the functionality he needed for $15 a fricken month. I sent him an email that I had spoken to a host and found what he needed and that i also made refined logos for him. He had asked me to make a temporary page that said under construction with some links and such. I made his temp page and needed a place to put it.

He emails back that he doesn't know why I'm still working on this, after the asshole asked me to make a temporary site until he found a host with functionality he needed. The idiot didn't even understand he needed a host to have a temporary page.

I hope he gets ripped off. What a dumbass.

Ahhhh, Craigslist

No, no, it was a very welcome threadjack. I will build on that.

The internet attracts all kinds of unjustified ridiculousness. I have Craigslist and about five other places I look for work. And there are good employers who use those resources, but the competition right now is very, very tough.

I have an interview for something substantial on Monday and that was a long time coming.

Craigslist, much as I love it, is the worst offender for scams and just plain bad deals. Giving your resume out on there can and does eventually lead to spam because the most innocuous ad for a generic position can turn out to be a spammer looking for new "contacts".

And then if the fake ads don't kill you, the real ads will. ...Want to know how lucky you are not to be in the independent film business? Many producers believe in their work so much, they want literally weeks and months of your time and expertise (and in some cases equipment) for zero dollars and zero cents for the "privilege" of working for them.

And it's supposed to be okay because you'll get a credit in the movie, a copy of the movie if they ever finish the atrocity, and they'll give you lunch. Sometimes they'll say "deferred pay" as if we're supposed to be unaware that more than 95% of movies don't make money.

Even if they made their movie with the guys in the parking lot at Home Depot, they'd still ask for $8.00 an hour.

Add those frustrations in with the seemingly eminent strike of the Screen Actors Guild and it's clear that this business isn't recession proof like they once thought.

I'm going to move to vegas and chase the dream. Adam find me a job please i'll be a grip or a best boy or whatever the fuck it is they do in L.A.

No, no, it was a very welcome threadjack. I will build on that.

The internet attracts all kinds of unjustified ridiculousness. I have Craigslist and about five other places I look for work. And there are good employers who use those resources, but the competition right now is very, very tough.

I have an interview for something substantial on Monday and that was a long time coming.

Craigslist, much as I love it, is the worst offender for scams and just plain bad deals. Giving your resume out on there can and does eventually lead to spam because the most innocuous ad for a generic position can turn out to be a spammer looking for new "contacts".

And then if the fake ads don't kill you, the real ads will. ...Want to know how lucky you are not to be in the independent film business? Many producers believe in their work so much, they want literally weeks and months of your time and expertise (and in some cases equipment) for zero dollars and zero cents for the "privilege" of working for them.

And it's supposed to be okay because you'll get a credit in the movie, a copy of the movie if they ever finish the atrocity, and they'll give you lunch. Sometimes they'll say "deferred pay" as if we're supposed to be unaware that more than 95% of movies don't make money.

Even if they made their movie with the guys in the parking lot at Home Depot, they'd still ask for $8.00 an hour.

Add those frustrations in with the seemingly eminent strike of the Screen Actors Guild and it's clear that this business isn't recession proof like they once thought.

I know of a few indie films that were mildly successful and all the profits went to repaying the crew. Now I understand that those people were extremely lucky, I guess.

I know of a few indie films that were mildly successful and all the profits went to repaying the crew. Now I understand that those people were extremely lucky, I guess.

Extremely, extremely, extremely.

It's more ethical just to pay your crew for their work and then let your investors collect the profits...and if you want to offer dividends too, I'm all for it.

Back