A Russian submarine that just left Cuba is 'falling apart' with its soundproofing panels falling off

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
One of Russia's most advanced new submarines, which just left Cuba, is "falling apart" with damage on its hull, according to an OSINT analyst.

Marijn Markus, a managing consultant at the Capgemini IT firm, shared four photos of the nuclear-powered Kazan in a LinkedIn post on Monday.

Markus pointed to soundproofing panels "falling off" the front part of the submarine's hull. That would ruin its stealth capabilities, he said, making it "very" loud underwater and causing it to light up on sonar.

Keep watching the decoy, dumbasses.

Haw, haw.......................................haw.

One of Russia's most advanced new submarines, which just left Cuba, is "falling apart" with damage on its hull, according to an OSINT analyst.

Marijn Markus, a managing consultant at the Capgemini IT firm, shared four photos of the nuclear-powered Kazan in a LinkedIn post on Monday.

Markus pointed to soundproofing panels "falling off" the front part of the submarine's hull. That would ruin its stealth capabilities, he said, making it "very" loud underwater and causing it to light up on sonar.

Knowing the fate of the Kursk, I'd be extremely nervous if I was a Russian sailor who was part of the crew on that tub.

😬

It isn't uncommon for submarines to lose some tiles from their anechoic coating. These are made of a sound absorbing rubber compound and some come loose during deployments.

Royal Navy submarine, same thing:

HMS_Triumph_1_crop.jpg

On a Virgina class SSN

R.2f1b74f359d675f38569680a8815fe54

That doesn't mean that the sub is "falling apart," because of that. It's likely still got serious issues with its machinery and equipment simply because Russian ships are often, usually, poorly maintained and crewed by sailors that aren't exactly motivated and the sharpest tools in the shed.

It isn't uncommon for submarines to lose some tiles from their anechoic coating. These are made of a sound absorbing rubber compound and some come loose during deployments.

Royal Navy submarine, same thing:

HMS_Triumph_1_crop.jpg

On a Virgina class SSN

R.2f1b74f359d675f38569680a8815fe54

That doesn't mean that the sub is "falling apart," because of that. It's likely still got serious issues with its machinery and equipment simply because Russian ships are often, usually, poorly maintained and crewed by sailors that aren't exactly motivated and the sharpest tools in the shed.
Why are you always defending Russia?

Keep watching the decoy, dumbasses.

Haw, haw.......................................haw.
Dude, have you ever seen Russian ships? Do you know what color they are?

:awesome:

I'll give you a hint: It's the name of an Alec Baldwin movie that may never be produced.

It's like they never sandblast or weld or paint a damn thing.

Why are you always defending Russia?
Why is deshy weshy defending Russian uh..naval stuff so?

I give every deployment of any of their vessels about a 66% chance of making it back to port.

Motherfuckers got man-sized chunks of rust flaking off of them often n shit.

One could probably find any Russian vessel by following the chunks of rust they drop with a magnet.

They leave a trail of it.

Last edited:
Dude, have you ever seen Russian ships? Do you know what color they are?

:awesome:

I'll give you a hint: It's the name of an Alec Baldwin movie that may never be produced.

It's like they never sandblast or weld or paint a damn thing.
What I've seen with their ships is they paint them so much because that's the only thing holding them together. Have you ever been to the San Diego Maritime Museum? They have an old Russian, Soviet era Foxtrot class diesel submarine there you can tour. It's very revealing. The layout of the equipment, in a word, sucks. They use wood for many interior partitions and other fixtures where the US and sane countries would use aluminum or steel because these don't burn!

The engine rooms are eye poppingly primitive and use what I'd call substandard commercial grade valves and fittings for many things. Nothing appears to have been well maintained.

The USN research sub Dolphin is across the pier from that Soviet boat. It has a totally different look and feel inside. Everything looks heavy duty and expensive in terms of materials.

What I've seen with their ships is they paint them so much because that's the only thing holding them together. Have you ever been to the San Diego Maritime Museum? They have an old Russian, Soviet era Foxtrot class diesel submarine there you can tour. It's very revealing. The layout of the equipment, in a word, sucks. They use wood for many interior partitions and other fixtures where the US and sane countries would use aluminum or steel because these don't burn!

The engine rooms are eye poppingly primitive and use what I'd call substandard commercial grade valves and fittings for many things. Nothing appears to have been well maintained.

The USN research sub Dolphin is across the pier from that Soviet boat. It has a totally different look and feel inside. Everything looks heavy duty and expensive in terms of materials.
They stopped using paint after the Soviet era. :LOL:

oh yeah. russia's on the ropes. the walls are closing in.

stfu, deep state tard.
:tardthoughts:

Here's a photo of each. The upper one is the Foxtrot. The large boxes with the handwheels on them are the resistor start units for the electric motors. Note the missing valve handles, and the use of your garden variety globe / needle valves.

USS Dolphin

Back