A taste of torture

DeMartMan

May 22: Right wing Chicago radio shock jock Eric "Man-cow" Muller submitted himself to be waterboarded; lasting only a few seconds before coming to the conclusion that waterboarding is, in fact, torture. MSNBC analyst Lawrence joins Countdown for discussion.

[ame]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/vp/30894398#30894398[/ame]

All people who say waterboarding is not torture should try it.

Amen, the thing is that torture does not work unless the goal is to inflict pain and gain false confessions. What is worse, by using such things we change ourselves for the worst, we become like that which we oppose. For me, I want to be better than that; for my Nation, I want it to be better than that, but then that is just me or is it?

I think the philosophy behind Waterboarding was to find something that sounded relatively mild to a layman, but produced real pain on the level of torture. The misconception is that waterboarding is like swimming, or getting your head ducked in a bucket. That it is just something to do with holding your breath. In reality, it is more like instant drowning, because of an uncontrollable psychological reaction to getting water poured in your nose.

Remember when Hitchens, a left winger but a huge supporter of the "war on terror", got on TV and tried waterboarding, which he had previously supported, and got through 15 or so seconds? SM came on here and said "What a pussy!" and Damo said that he had an agenda and was only pretending. I think this finally hits the nail on the head. Even right-wing supporters of the "war on terror" agree that it is torture - once they try it.

Hi Marty, that's bloody amazing, it should finally shut the right wingnuts up about whether it is torture or not.

May 22: Right wing Chicago radio shock jock Eric "Man-cow" Muller submitted himself to be waterboarded; lasting only a few seconds before coming to the conclusion that waterboarding is, in fact, torture. MSNBC analyst Lawrence joins Countdown for discussion.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/vp/30894398#30894398

I think the philosophy behind Waterboarding was to find something that sounded relatively mild to a layman, but produced real pain on the level of torture. The misconception is that waterboarding is like swimming, or getting your head ducked in a bucket. That it is just something to do with holding your breath. In reality, it is more like instant drowning, because of an uncontrollable psychological reaction to getting water poured in your nose.

I agree with you. It is a procedure that sounds innocuous to anyone asking questions about it, so that's why they've got away with it for so long.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/vp/30894398#30894398
Interesting stunt, getting him to take a breath ("starts in five... one, two" *pour water*). This is not at all like the CIA method.

And neither is this. The actual length of the tape is about 2 seconds, but NBC loops it over and over, torturing the viewer.

[youtube]eU7Ztj7F7r4[/youtube]

Hi Marty, that's bloody amazing, it should finally shut the right wingnuts up about whether it is torture or not.
Oh yea of little faith. You know not our friends on the right do you? When have they ever let facts or the truth shut them up? LOL

You ever listen to Limbaugh? Hannity? Two guy's who have been wrong on virtually every policy topic they've ever discussed. Have they shut up yet?

Last edited:
Interesting stunt, getting him to take a breath ("starts in five... one, two" *pour water*). This is not at all like the CIA method.

And neither is this. The actual length of the tape is about 2 seconds, but NBC loops it over and over, torturing the viewer.

Yea, yea, yea....I hear ya knocken but you can't come in.

All's you do is talk about this subject. When you gonna do some Walken SM? Go ahead, try being water boarded and get back with us. What are you afraid of?

All's you do is talk about this subject. When you gonna do some Walken SM? Go ahead, try being water boarded and get back with us. What are you afraid of?

I would say he could go to one of those Muslim countries and maybe they would waterboard him, but no they don't do that they just cut your head off :pke: wonder what one I would rather have done, lol

I would say he could go to one of those Muslim countries and maybe they would waterboard him, but no they don't do that they just cut your head off :pke: wonder what one I would rather have done, lol

Why would he do that when he can stay here and have Republicans do that for him? :pke:

Why would he do that when he can stay here and have Republicans do that for him? :pke:

I just thought it would be nice to give the ones you are so concerned about a chance to do so :pke:

But as I stated the poor terrorist don't waterboard they just cut your head off :eek: LOL what a deal

No wonder MSNBC's cable ratings dropped to 24th for the first quarter. :D

You must be a sadist to keep trying this losing debate tactic over and over.

Masochists actually, if he liked the pain of losing. Sadists just keep rehashing this torture issue over and over and over and over and over again.
You are of course correct in the limited context that I provided there. I was referring, however, to an earlier exchange about how a definition of torture required the torturer to achieve "sadistic pleasure".

Back