A View from the Frontlines | Scott Ritter

Scott

Verified User
Just finished reading a short article from Scott Ritter with the same title as this thread, as well as an interview he did with a Russian Colonel near Donetsk (currently controlled and claimed as part of Russia). Thought some here might find what he had to say interesting. I'll quote a bit from the introduction and a bit from the conclusion of his article, as well as the interview itself below:

Last month I journeyed from Crimea to the so-called “New Territories” of Russia—Kherson, Zaporizhia, Donetsk, and Lugansk. These four former oblasts, or districts, of Ukraine had been absorbed into the Russian Federation following referenda held on the soil of each territory where the citizens were given the choice of joining Russia or remaining in Ukraine. The referenda were held from September 23-27, 2022. The results were unambiguous—by convincing majorities, the participants in the referenda voted to join Russia, and were so incorporated on September 30, 2022.

The absorption of these new territories into the Russian Federation altered the very essence of the Special Military Operation, or SMO, that Russian President Vladimir Putin had initiated back in February 2022. The SMO had already gone from being a Russian-Ukrainian conflict to one that put Russia in opposition to Ukraine and its Western allies—the so-called “collective West” (the US, NATO, and the European Union.) But even with the scope and scale of the conflict having been expanded, it was still being fought on what was either Ukrainian territory (Kherson, Zaporizhia, parts of Nikolaev, and parts of Kharkov, as well as the independent republics of Donetsk and Lugansk.) After the referenda, most of the battlefield became, from the perspective of the Russian Federation, Russian territory.

[snip]

In May 2014 Khodokovsky and many of his Alpha Group soldiers joined forces with ethnic Russians in the Donbas who objected to the illegal overthrow of Ukrainian President Viktor Yanokovich during the Maidan coup in February 2014. Khodokovsky’s Alpha Group soldiers formed the core of what became known as the Vostok Battalion, part of the militia of the Donetsk People’s Republic, and later, following the absorption of the Donetsk People’s Republic into the Russian Federation at the end of September 2022, part of the Russian Ministry of Defense.

I met Colonel Khodokovsky at an undisclosed location somewhere in the vicinity of the city of Donetsk. I had been prepared to discuss military matters, including how drones had changed the nature of modern warfare. Instead, Colonel Khodokosky and I engaged in a more philosophical discussion about US-Russian relations and the prospects for peace.

What follows is that interview:

Full article:
A View from the Frontlines | Scott Ritter

Scott Ritter, the disgraced U.N. weapons inspector, anti-war zealot, and Russian propagandist who was convicted of multiple sex crimes in 2011 after exposing himself on a web camera while chatting with an undercover police officer who repeatedly identified himself as a 15-year-old girl.

In 2001, Ritter was charged with attempted endangerment of the welfare of child for trying to arrange a meeting with an undercover police officer posing as a 16-year-old girl.

Analysis: Ritter definitely spent three years in prison for sex crimes and testified in court that he believed his actions were noble. Ritter said he didn't think the person to whom he exposed himself was actually 15 years old, but was in fact an adult acting out some sick (but technically legal) fantasy.

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/...-went-to-prison-because-of-what-i-believe-in/

Guno צְבִי;5901782 said:
Scott Ritter, the disgraced U.N. weapons inspector, anti-war zealot, and Russian propagandist who was convicted of multiple sex crimes in 2011 after exposing himself on a web camera while chatting with an undercover police officer who repeatedly identified himself as a 15-year-old girl.

In 2001, Ritter was charged with attempted endangerment of the welfare of child for trying to arrange a meeting with an undercover police officer posing as a 16-year-old girl.

Analysis: Ritter definitely spent three years in prison for sex crimes and testified in court that he believed his actions were noble. Ritter said he didn't think the person to whom he exposed himself was actually 15 years old, but was in fact an adult acting out some sick (but technically legal) fantasy.

https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/...-went-to-prison-because-of-what-i-believe-in/

Yeah man, um, I'm good on that.

I reckon Pheonyx is a Russian shill? :dunno:

Anyone who exposes the criminality of the US empire gets charged as a sex offender. It's the best way to discredit them. Guno is creaming himself knowing you fell for it.

Anyone who exposes the criminality of the US empire gets charged as a sex offender. It's the best way to discredit them. Guno is creaming himself knowing you fell for it.

He worked for the UN, how not big of a shitbag could he be? :rolleyes:

Nobody I've ever admired aspired to be THAT.

He worked for the UN, how not big of a shitbag could he be? :rolleyes:

Nobody I've ever admired aspired to be THAT.
Ritter was a weapons inspector who said there were no WMDs in Iraq. Ritter turned out to be correct but we invaded Iraq anyway. The judge thew the phony sex charges out.

Ritter was a weapons inspector who said there were no WMDs in Iraq. Ritter turned out to be correct but we invaded Iraq anyway. The judge thew the phony sex charges out.

Okay, I can see that perspective.

W. threw the US military at Iraq and Saddam Hussein because of something his father did that was a dick move.

And that's how I sees it. He's a Shitburger Supreme. He stole that election, I think.

C'mon, his brother (From motherfuckin' Texas, wtf?!) was governor, and it came down to FL, and he wins.

I have to wonder why and how the fuck a Texas native got elected to Governor of Florida.

That's awful convenient.

Last edited:

W. threw the US military at Iraq and Saddam Hussein because of something his father did that was a dick move.

And that's how I sees it. He's a Shitburger Supreme. He stole that election, I think.
There are quite a few ex-military who are tired of the necons and their forever wars. Hillary, Obama, and Biden made a fortune on the US coup in Ukraine. Lest we forget Hunter.

There are quite a few ex-military who are tired of the necons and their forever wars. Hillary, Obama, and Biden made a fortune on the US coup in Ukraine. Lest we forget Hunter.

Most Americans are. No more Neocons, and why can't Democrats even be fucking American?

Democrats are an American political party, but they want to do America in. So where does that leave them even if they succeed (which I doubt they will)? I'm thinking rather irrelevant.

Once you kill the host, you have nothing to feed off of, you fucking leeches. You're gonna die.

He spent 3 years in prison for it, He has since married a Russia

Never forget that Scott Ritter is a TWICE convicted sex offender in 2 different states

He got busted for soliciting sex from kids on the internet and claimed it was the Deep State that set him up, in spite of pleading guilty.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna45049386

Last edited:
Guno צְבִי;5901782 said:
Scott Ritter, the [former] U.N. weapons inspector, [peace] zealot, and [reporter] who [broke some unrelated laws and who probably has speeding tickets] ...
So, you have no rebuttal for anything Scott Ritter said, right?

Guno צְבִי;5901900 said:
He spent 3 years in prison for it, He has since married a Russia

Never forget that Scott Ritter is a TWICE convicted sex offender in 2 different states

He got busted for soliciting sex from kids on the internet and claimed it was the Deep State that set him up, in spite of pleading guilty.

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna45049386
NBC is a stenographer for the CIA. The judge threw the sex cases against Ritter out of court. You're a zionist who gets off sexually on genocide. The government always charges a whistleblower with a sex offence because they know punks like you will continue to spread the lie.

Pro-Putin Commentator Scott Ritter IS a Convicted Sex Offender Who Tried To Groom Children

Propagandist and former US Marine Corps Intelligence officer Scott Ritter has been attempting to reinvent his own history to deceive his conspiracy theorist fans and counter his critics. But the facts prove that the pro-Kremlin mouthpiece is lying when it comes to his past involving children.

https://vote-watch.com/fact-check-y...ted-sex-offender-who-tried-to-groom-children/

I can't. Explain it to me.

Incorrect. I take it that you weren't paying attention at the time.

I have to wonder why and how the fuck a Texas native got elected to Governor of Florida.
I take it you don't know how elections work (when they aren't being stolen).

Guno צְבִי;5901782 said:

Yes, I know all about the 2 sting operations that ultimately landed Scott Ritter in jail for a few years. If that was all he'd ever done with his life, that'd be one thing, but it's not. Anyway, you're hardly the first person to bring up this aspect of Mr. Ritter's past, and I doubt you'll be the last, so in order to avoid repeating certain points over and over again, I've decided it would be best to just create a thread on Scott Ritter over in Above Plain Politics and you or others who can engage in respectful debate with me can discuss Scott Ritter in more detail if that's what you desire to do. The link is here:

https://www.justplainpolitics.com/s...Marine-and-U-N-Weapons-Inspector-Scott-Ritter

In Scott Ritter's case, there is some merit to the charges, as he himself has admitted, but all he did was agree to meet and expose himself to 2 undercover police officers pretending to be teens online. No one was actually harmed and he served time for the second time as well. As he's said, he's done his time for this.

As I've said elsewhere, if that's all he'd ever done, that'd be one thing, but he has -also- fought hard to try to ensure a better future for the U.S. and others by working as a U.N. Weapons Inspector and now as a journalist trying to find a peaceful resolution in the Ukraine war. If there were tons of American journalists covering the Russian side of the conflict in Ukraine, I imagine people would gravitate to journalists who have a less controversial past, but there really aren't. Furthermore, he's got a very good knowledge of how military operations work and it really shows in his articles and in video discussions that he engages in.

Back