After watching both the American and Canadian debates....

CanadianKid

I like the Canadian debates better....

The politicians are willing to mix it up more....

The NDP leader Jack Layton told our Prime Minister he is either incompetent or he doesnt care about the middle class....

Alot of one liners....

CK

NDP Jack Layton fired back: "The economy is not fine. Any Canadian will tell you that. Either you don't care or you're incompetent. Which is it?"

"Where is your platform? Under your sweater?" he asked Harper at one point, referring to recent campaign ads meant to portray the leader's softer side.

The NDP leader Jack Layton told our Prime Minister he is either incompetent or he doesnt care about the middle class....

Alot of one liners....

CK

Are you voting for the NDP or the Liberals CK?

NDP Jack Layton fired back: "The economy is not fine. Any Canadian will tell you that. Either you don't care or you're incompetent. Which is it?"

"Where is your platform? Under your sweater?" he asked Harper at one point, referring to recent campaign ads meant to portray the leader's softer side.

Foreign elections in general are a lot more interesting than American ones. The Democrats and Republicans are tweedledee and tweedledum, and watching a debate with two of them is two hours of seeing people argue over nothing (because they disagree on nothing) and pat each other on the back about how much they love each other. Even other countries with two party systems have more choice than Americans.

BTW, this is your prime minister CK:

harper_cowboy.jpg

Last edited:

Alot of one liners....

CK

I like that too--but remember--biden and Palin have to follow, pretty much, the top of the tickets lead.

When Sarah is running on the top of the ticket in 2012--it is gonna be fun.

In the USA---if you are in washington---you play the stick together game. It is totally wild that McCain picked Palin--and she skipped all the indoctrination. For that reason alone (not including her outstanding record of fighting corruption--and the fact she is not a laywer), she gets my vote.

Alot of one liners....

CK

I'll say.

Duceppe ""I know I won't be prime minister and three of you won't be prime minister, neither------some of you know it, but you won't say it." Classic. Quite possibly the best debate I've ever seen - aside from Stalkwell Day's (SP??) pathetic antics.

Last edited:
Foreign elections in general are a lot more interesting than American ones. The Democrats and Republicans are tweedledee and tweedledum, and watching a debate with two of them is two hours of seeing people argue over nothing (because they disagree on nothing) and pat each other on the back about how much they love each other. Even other countries with two party systems have more choice than Americans.

BTW, this is your prime minister CK:

harper_cowboy.jpg

That's not fair, he's lost weight!

Back