Ahhhh, election prediction...

Jarod

Contributor
At the end of 8 years of Regan... Bush got elected and the Republican brand was solid.

At the end of 8 years of Clinton... Bush barely got elected and more people voted Democrat than Republican.

At the end of 8 years of Bush... Obama will take in in a landslide in a clear repudiation of Bush style Republicanism, the House of Representatives will be cleaned out of many Republicans and the Sennate will shift dramatically.

Not in many many a years have the American people spoken so clearly on the record of a leader and his party as they are going to speak about Bush tomorrow.

A half African Man with a Swalihilli name, with the middle name Hussen is going to win in a landslide against McCain, one of the most unobjectionable Republican men around....!

I guess you are correct. Obama ran against the Republican establishment.

THis is the type of revolution Jefferson talked about.

I can't recall a time in history when a party has earned their place in the political wilderness with such gusto...

You know what is amazing is, the die hard right wingers who are really flummoxed by this. Hannity being a great example, but I even have a couple of them where I work. They really believed McCain was going to pull it out because there weren’t enough “crazy” people to vote for Obama. I have heard these same people bitch about the economy and the stock market. It’s as if they lack any ability to connect dots. They still think they should win. It’s really quite interesting.

I have heard some pontificate that McCain is loosing because he was not conservative enough, not enough like Bush. If McCain were just more like Bush he would have easily beaten Bush.

You know what is amazing is, the die hard right wingers who are really flummoxed by this. Hannity being a great example, but I even have a couple of them where I work. They really believed McCain was going to pull it out because there weren’t enough “crazy” people to vote for Obama. I have heard these same people bitch about the economy and the stock market. It’s as if they lack any ability to connect dots. They still think they should win. It’s really quite interesting.

Yep. One thing that I've heard over & over again, as well, is the idea that Obama will be a "disaster" for the country, and will ruin everything.

As though he could top the Great Depression: part II, Katrina & 2 wars...

I have heard some pontificate that McCain is loosing because he was not conservative enough, not enough like Bush. If McCain were just more like Bush he would have easily beaten Bush.

that is the 25% or so of republicans that still think bush is great. Even if they won't admit to it in public.

Mental defectives.

Yep. One thing that I've heard over & over again, as well, is the idea that Obama will be a "disaster" for the country, and will ruin everything.

As though he could top the Great Depression: part II, Katrina & 2 wars...

I know! I heard them talking today - this is two ex cops, and one woman married to an ex cop, all republicans - and it was obvious they finally realized it doesnt' look good for mccain. Do you know i heard the woman actually say "they're just ignorant of the facts"??? I started laughing out loud in my office, and made sure they heard me. I usually stay out of it. Then they started whispering.

I am telling you they are on crack.

At the end of 8 years of Regan... Bush got elected and the Republican brand was solid.

At the end of 8 years of Clinton... Bush barely got elected and more people voted Democrat than Republican.

At the end of 8 years of Bush... Obama will take in in a landslide in a clear repudiation of Bush style Republicanism, the House of Representatives will be cleaned out of many Republicans and the Sennate will shift dramatically.

Not in many many a years have the American people spoken so clearly on the record of a leader and his party as they are going to speak about Bush tomorrow.

A half African Man with a Swalihilli name, with the middle name Hussen is going to win in a landslide against McCain, one of the most unobjectionable Republican men around....!

You're speaking to the choir bro. Prior to 2000 I don't recall voting for to many Democrats.

It puzzles the hell out of me that we even got into this Predicament. How could people not see that Bush was not suited for the job, regardless of ideology, and he exceeded my worst expectations of him and that's what puzzles me. How the hell did we let him get away with it?

I get little satisfaction out of being a former anti-Bush republican saying "I told you so." though I do think, to some extent, it validates my judgement on Bush.

Be that as it may. Off to a new day tomorow. :)

I was at Disney World this weekend. I saw tuns of McCain Palin stickers, t-shirts and such. Only a few Obama's.

I saw several Palin's.

You're speaking to the choir bro. Prior to 2000 I don't recall voting for to many Democrats.

It puzzles the hell out of me that we even got into this Predicament. How could people not see that Bush was not suited for the job, regardless of ideology, and he exceeded my worst expectations of him and that's what puzzles me. How the hell did we let him get away with it?

I get little satisfaction out of being a former anti-Bush republican saying "I told you so." though I do think, to some extent, it validates my judgement on Bush.

Be that as it may. Off to a new day tomorow. :)

The dawn of a new day in America!

That's true. I'm voting to send a big message to republicans. I only voted for one but only because he gave me a break about a dozen years ago. Ya gotta appreciate a judge who'll give ya a second chance.

Everyone deserves at least one second chance.

That's true. I'm voting to send a big message to republicans. I only voted for one but only because he gave me a break about a dozen years ago. Ya gotta appreciate a judge who'll give ya a second chance.
First time in 24 years I have voted straight ticket. I wanted to send a message to the Republicans that the more they hold on to their religious righties the more of us that are going to vote for nothing but dems.

First time in 24 years I have voted straight ticket. I wanted to send a message to the Republicans that the more they hold on to their religious righties the more of us that are going to vote for nothing but dems.

The problem is that McCain is not a religous righter, and they are claiming that is why he is loosing.

Back