Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives...

Who was the joker who decided to put these together into an arm of Executive power?

Well personally, I'm nearly always smokin, and often drinking. Sometimes I'm mad enough to blow up something. My problem, no 'blow up stuff.' LOL!

oh, I gotcha.

I think its because guns, cigarettes and booze all tend to be lucrative black market products, if they're not regulated. So, the licensing and revenue collection stream is all probably pretty much the same.

ever see "thank you for smoking?

It's about 3 Washington lobbyists that work for the tobacco, firearms, and alcohol industries. It's pretty awesome.

ATF is part of the department of the treasury. The Federal government has the constitutional right to regulate these commodities under the interstate commerce clause of the US Constitution. The ATF regulate the trade and distribution of these commodities but more importantly, they manage their taxation, which is why ATF is part of the department of the treasury.

ATF is part of the department of the treasury. The Federal government has the constitutional right to regulate these commodities under the interstate commerce clause of the US Constitution. The ATF regulate the trade and distribution of these commodities but more importantly, they manage their taxation, which is why ATF is part of the department of the treasury.
And the Treasury is part of which department? Hey MD, it is the executive!

And this wasn't the point of the thread. You take a sarcastic question about why these four are put together and pretend to offer some insight...

Who knows how these people work stuff out?

I bet the Christmas party is pretty good though.

Damn.............

And the Treasury is part of which department? Hey MD, it is the executive!

And this wasn't the point of the thread. You take a sarcastic question about why these four are put together and pretend to offer some insight...

Grumpy!..MD made a insightful comment which was correct...I suppose you intended this to be a humourous thread...so I suppose kathianne made the closing comment for the thread...what else can anyone even say now?:confused:

I wonder if it involved a bit of explosives and beer...

Can anyone here put hand on heart and say they haven't consumed so much alcohol that the idea of painting a stick of dynamite to resemble a cigar hasn't crossed their mind?

Can anyone here put hand on heart and say they haven't consumed so much alcohol that the idea of painting a stick of dynamite to resemble a cigar hasn't crossed their mind?

Actually, yesterday! Today I'm being good, well I think! :clink:

ya do have a funny sense of humor...'thats all I can say about that!' or was that:'Life is like a box of chocolates-ya never know what you are going to get':cof1:

I've heard that before. Today was very good, and it was like a box of chocolates! LOL!

Firework laws are ridiculous. All but they kiddy sparklers are illegal here and sparklers were only legalized RECENTLY! They should allow 18 year old people to buy what ever kind of Government approved consumer firework they like. I sure as hell don't follow my firework "laws" and no one else here does either.

Back