America

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
I'm honestly getting a feeling that America is becoming a pool full of authoritarian and barbaric sentiment. America really isn't going to last much longer as a world power with this going on.

Our gigantic military spending may keep us unconquerable for a while, but it's draining the public coffers and hurting our economy. Eventually our economy will be such shit that no matter how much we spend on the military we won't compare to Europe.

By any reasonable comparison, Europes a better place to live. I don't have to worry about getting victimized by crime as much (because, in Europe, whenever a crime happens, they seek a solution to that problem, and in AMerica, they up the jail sentence for said crime ten years). I'll make more money. I won't have to pay as much for healthcare. I can smoke pot without going to jail. I can drink at 18 and am not hindered by neo-prohibitionists like MADD. And I don't get sued for filesharing by a government that bends over backwards to the IRAA. My vote actually COUNTS because of proportional representation. Tell me, is there ANY American advantage?

Haha...if you think you won't get busted for filesharing in Europe, you should take a look at tv-links.co.uk

They got busted by the British for just linking to pirated movies.

Haha...if you think you won't get busted for filesharing in Europe, you should take a look at tv-links.co.uk

They got busted by the British for just linking to pirated movies.

Haha for fucks sake. I loved TV links but they were certainly facilitating copyright infringement.

We cannot expect technological or artistic progress without a proper respect for intellectual property rights.

Haha for fucks sake. I loved TV links but they were certainly facilitating copyright infringement.

We cannot expect technological or artistic progress without a proper respect for intellectual property rights.

It's a mercantilist notion to reward someone by giving them a monopoly over the production of a certain item. If society wants to reward artists then it should do so. BUt it doesn't matter how many copies are out there, as long as they are rewarded.

:P

Britian ain't Europe. I mean sweden.

Sweden also has some of the highest suicide rates in the world.

The thing I find most ironic about people who want to leave America is that we have so goddamn much in this country. America is the only country that has everything yet expects more.

Why do I get the feeling you actually paid for the new Radiohead album?

Why do I get the feeling you actually paid for the new Radiohead album?

Because I did, ya cheap fucker. I paid $35 actually to try to encourage them to keep this method. Someday when I don't have $35 to spare and I want to download Radiohead's new-new album, I will get it for free.

And WM, what incentive is there for innovation if you cannot profit off of it? It sounds callous but people think that way, and society could potentially lose its potentially most productive members by not rewarding them for their efforts.

Because I did, ya cheap fucker. I paid $35 actually to try to encourage them to keep this method. Someday when I don't have $35 to spare and I want to download Radiohead's new-new album, I will get it for free.

And WM, what incentive is there for innovation if you cannot profit off of it? It sounds callous but people think that way, and society could potentially lose its potentially most productive members by not rewarding them for their efforts.

;)

We can still give them profit. The "copyright" system is just probably the most inequitable way ever devised by man to do that.

I mean, the music industry is 3 billion a year. Let's say, we could still give them 3 billion profit a year, yet there could be unlimited copying permitted. Wouldn't that be preferable to the current system?

Copyright infringement isn't stealing and it's never going to be stealing. Sure, it's finding away around the normal method for repaying artists, but if I copy and download something I was never going to buy anyway they incur no net loss. It's a non-rival good. We have laws against stealing because most objects are rivalrous... if I go and steal a chair from a store, that's one less chair that another person could use. If I copy a disc, an actual disc just doesn't disappear out of the store somewhere.

Trying to make a non-rivalrous good into a rivalrous one is a poor way to reward artists and get art out.

i forgot to mention that I think the real reason why you are noticing all of this is because your vagina is hurting again watermark.

Back