Villified User
Palin's Church Promotes Gay Conversion
AP
posted: 1 HOUR 52 MINUTES AGO
comments: 138
filed under: Election News, Sarah Palin
PrintShare
Text SizeAAA
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Sept. 8) - Gov. Sarah Palin's church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.
"You'll be encouraged by the power of God's love and His desire to transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality," according to the insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has prayed for about six years. Palin's conservative Christian views have energized that part of the GOP electorate, which was lukewarm to John McCain's candidacy before he named her as his vice presidential choice.
She is staunchly anti-abortion (opposing exceptions for rape and incest), and opposes gay marriage and spousal rights for gay couples.
Focus on the Family, a national Christian fundamentalist organization, is conducting the Love Won Out Conference in Anchorage, about 30 miles from Wasilla.
Palin, campaigning with McCain in the Midwest on Friday, has not publicly expressed a view on the so-called "pray away the gay" movement. Larry Kroon, senior pastor at Palin's church, was not available to discuss the matter Friday, said a church worker who declined to give her name.
Gay activists in Alaska said Palin has not worked actively against their interests, but early in her administration she supported a bill to overrule a
court decision to block state benefits for gay partners of public employees.

htthttp://news.aol.com/elections/article/palins-church-promotes-gay-conversion/165471?icid=100214839x1208754009x1200530665p://

I always fear people who believe in Armagedon.

Bringing on Armagedon with policy is a terrifying prospect.

AP
PrintShare
Text SizeAAA
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (Sept. 8) - Gov. Sarah Palin's church is promoting a conference that promises to convert gays into heterosexuals through the power of prayer.
"You'll be encouraged by the power of God's love and His desire to transform the lives of those impacted by homosexuality," according to the insert in the bulletin of the Wasilla Bible Church, where Palin has prayed for about six years. Palin's conservative Christian views have energized that part of the GOP electorate, which was lukewarm to John McCain's candidacy before he named her as his vice presidential choice.
She is staunchly anti-abortion (opposing exceptions for rape and incest), and opposes gay marriage and spousal rights for gay couples.
Focus on the Family, a national Christian fundamentalist organization, is conducting the Love Won Out Conference in Anchorage, about 30 miles from Wasilla.
Palin, campaigning with McCain in the Midwest on Friday, has not publicly expressed a view on the so-called "pray away the gay" movement. Larry Kroon, senior pastor at Palin's church, was not available to discuss the matter Friday, said a church worker who declined to give her name.
Gay activists in Alaska said Palin has not worked actively against their interests, but early in her administration she supported a bill to overrule a

htthttp://news.aol.com/elections/article/palins-church-promotes-gay-conversion/165471?icid=100214839x1208754009x1200530665p://

You have to be the most thick person who ever existed (and everybody above right next to you)--really man!! The world knows that the libs social commies lez gay crowd are attacking palin--and you actually believe it all.

Believe me--I know what kind of person Sara Palin is--and your sources are only digging a hole--that Palin will bury you in.

Truth does that--ya know?

Your a walking tabloid news queer.

Last edited:
It is nothing new that Cristianity thinks homosexuality can be cured by prayer.

Why do you think Priests do little boys? (cause they are wrong)

They----thought they would be curted--it wasn't working as a pew setter.

I do understand that US citizen--and I just beat the hell out of you a bit--sorry a bit man.

That is common citizen--and that is why you are not a Christian--right?

My borother no longer is either--that is how I klnow.

Citizen--to each his own---and that includes the fools belief that god can cure homosexuality.

Still--nothing will ever become of a issue like that o the top levels--just like R Vs Wade from the 60's.

Quit using dumb shit for a viable topic dude.

Let me get this straight. Majority says that priests molested little boys becuase they thought they would be cured ???

AP
PrintShare
Text SizeAAA

You honestly think offering help to people who feel oppressed by sin is comparable to preaching hatred toward America? Wow. You really are desperate.

Brent, do you thnk Homosexuality can be "cured" thru prayer ?

I'll give you my honest and humble answer: I don't know.

That said, to compare that to praying "God damn America" is intellectually dishonest. I know you're not a lying sack of shit like Onceler or ib1, but today you're sure acting like one.

Come on dude, there's NO comparison.

I'll give you my honest and humble answer: I don't know.

That said, to compare that to praying "God damn America" is intellectually dishonest. I know you're not a lying sack of shit like Onceler or ib1, but today you're sure acting like one.

Come on dude, there's NO comparison.

Yes there is a comparison. Sarah palin took a much more active role in her religion / church than Obama did. Now you can look at this in more than one way, but the clips of her claiming that the Iraq was was basically a holy mission of god and so was her nat gas pipeline says a lot about her to me.
I don't want any bible thumping evangelical running my country.

Back