Another Grumpy Old Guy Joins the Ranks . . .

I'm a self-employed (since 1989) working class old goat with no political affiliation. Long ago I used to be a Republican, but the pachyderms have made it abundantly clear that they are not the party of people such as myself. One flack went so far as to suggest that I should "go get a real job", and then cited her own status as a U.S. Senator's aide. I am not a match for the Democrat Party, either, since their ideology is much too far to the left for me.

And so I became The Independent Cuss back around 2003. I have some ideas that no one else seems to have imagined (since there can only be two diametrically opposed answers to any given issue), and as time passes and you "get used to me" I will trot them out for adulation and excoriation.

T.I.C.

I'm a self-employed (since 1989) working class old goat with no political affiliation. Long ago I used to be a Republican, but the pachyderms have made it abundantly clear that they are not the party of people such as myself. One flack went so far as to suggest that I should "go get a real job", and then cited her own status as a U.S. Senator's aide. I am not a match for the Democrat Party, either, since their ideology is much too far to the left for me.

And so I became The Independent Cuss back around 2003. I have some ideas that no one else seems to have imagined (since there can only be two diametrically opposed answers to any given issue), and as time passes and you "get used to me" I will trot them out for adulation and excoriation.

T.I.C.

where are you on the new world order?

population reduction?

globalization zealotry?

5g?

vaccines?

microchipping?

fluoride?

toast?

I'll try not to. I'm usually respectful, and when I encounter the occasional "dragon" I just back off instead of trying to slay it.

BTW, when will I be able to post on the actual forum? So far, it would appear that I can only post here.

T.I.C.

Maybe they changed the posting rules to where you have to have so many posts in an intro thread before posting on the rest of the forum? I don't know, hadn't heard anyone else bring up this issue yet. At any rate, welcome and enjoy yourself. You might want to take advantage of the "Ignore this poster" feature at some point. There are quite a few fairly awful ppl here. The owner of the board doesn't believe in censoring them so you'll be seeing plenty of vile personal attacks and name-calling, n-words, c-words, and so on. Most ppl are pretty cool on both sides, but there's always some assholes wherever you go.

Maybe they changed the posting rules to where you have to have so many posts in an intro thread before posting on the rest of the forum? I don't know, hadn't heard anyone else bring up this issue yet. At any rate, welcome and enjoy yourself. You might want to take advantage of the "Ignore this poster" feature at some point. There are quite a few fairly awful ppl here. The owner of the board doesn't believe in censoring them so you'll be seeing plenty of vile personal attacks and name-calling, n-words, c-words, and so on. Most ppl are pretty cool on both sides, but there's always some assholes wherever you go.

don't recommend your totalitarian tools of ignorance to others.

T.I.C.
Welcome, please be sure to read our rules, 12b trips a lot of members up. Enjoy our forum

Thanks for the suggestions and the tips!

T.I.C.

T.I.C.

Independent meaning you learned how to think for yourself and often do?

Them kind are getting very rare now as we are Double Time Marched to UTOPIA!

T.I.C.

So what did the Republican party do that pissed you off?

And what Democrat policies do you have such a problem with?

You are just another Trumptard trying to have things both ways!

I will guarantee you voted for Trump in 2016, and I will guarantee you will vote for him again in 2020!

Stop the charade that you are somehow smarter, any more moralistic, or better than any other Democrat or Republican.

There is no middle ground, as you are either on the Good side- or the Bad side!

Last edited:
Back