Another Liberal Who Wants Americans To Die

toby

This is shamefull. This lib wants a terror attack so dems can win an election.

>I start from the premise that there is already a substantial portion of the electorate that tends to vote GOP because they feel that Bush has "kept us safe," and that the Republicans do a better job combating terrorism.

If an attack occurred just before the elections, I have to think that at least a few of the voters who persist in this "Bush has kept us safe" thinking would realize the fallacy they have been under.

If 5% of the "he's kept us safe" revise their thinking enough to vote Democrat, well, then, the Dems could recapture the House and the Senate and be in a position to:

Block the next Supreme Court appointment, one which would surely result in the overturning of Roe and the death of hundreds if not thousands of women from abortion-prohibiting states at the hands of back-alley abortionists;

Be in a position to elevate the party's chances for a regime change in 2008. A regime change that would:

Save hundreds of thousands of American lives by enacting universal health care;

Save untold numbers of lives by pushing for cleaner air standards that would greatly reduce heart and lung diseases;

More enthusiastically address the need for mass transit, the greater availability of which would surely cut highway deaths;

Enact meaningful gun control legislation that would reduce crime and cut fatalities by thousands a year;

Fund stem cell research that could result in cures saving millions of lives;

Boost the minimum wage, helping to cut down on poverty which helps spawn violent crime and the deaths that spring from those acts;

Be less inclined to launch foolish wars, absence of which would save thousands of soldiers' lives- and quite likely moderate the likelihood of further terror acts.

I am not proud of myself for even considering the notion that another terror attack that costs even one American life could ever be considered anything else but evil and hurtful. And I know that when I weigh the possibility that such an attack- that might, say, kill 100- would prevent hundreds of thousands of Americans from dying who otherwise would- I am exhibiting a calculating cold heart diametrically opposed to everything I stand for as a human being. A human being, who, just so you know, is opposed to most wars and to capital punishment.

But in light of the very real potential of the next two American elections to solidify our growing American persona as a warlike, polluter-friendly nation with repressive domestic tendencies and inadequate health care for so many tens of millions, let me ask you this. Even if only from the standpoint of a purely intellectual exercise in alternative future history:

If you knew us getting hit again would launch a chain of transformative, cascading events that would enable a better nation where millions who would have died will live longer, would such a calculus have any moral validity?

Any at all?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/russell-shaw/i-hope-and-pray-we-dont-_b_28011.html

I don't think it would work. Sure they would try to use an attack to win any election, but most people would know better.

I think it would depend on what the response would be to such an attack of our government. That's what will take people to the polls. Not the fact that it occured.

Note the list of controls he wants to impose on us.

watch out for liberal mcvieghs attempting to make the libs rise again.

Last edited:
funny Gaffer, they equate a terror attack with Min wage and health care..........same thing really! LOL

And gun control is still a very big priority with them too. for our own protection of course.

I think it would depend on what the response would be to such an attack of our government. That's what will take people to the polls. Not the fact that it occured.

Note the list of controls he wants to impose on us.

watch out for liberal mcvieghs attempting to make the libs rise again.

wow, you surprise me to go so low in your comment..I hadn't pegged you for doing that...though I guess I should have, you all seem to come from the "same mold" and you just proceeded to prove my theory.

and btw, mcveigh was a conservative and a member of a conservative faction, from what I have read about it.

The Republicans are all over the 24/7 shows saying that another terror attack before the election will keep the republicans in power otherwise they will lose power... this was all on the sunday talk shows including Fox...

Does this mean that republicans will make sure another 911 attack will happen to us so that they can keep control of the house?

care

Last edited:
Did you read the post Care? Seems some libs want another attack to discredit Bush. That is the shamefull part.

wow, you surprise me to go so low in your comment..I hadn't pegged you for doing that...though I guess I should have, you all seem to come from the "same mold" and you just proceeded to prove my theory.

and btw, mcveigh was a conservative and a member of a conservative faction, from what I have read about it.

The Republicans are all over the 24/7 shows saying that another terror attack before the election with keep the republicans in power otherwise they will lose power... this was all on the sunday talk shows including Fox...

Does this mean that republicans will make sure another 911 attack will happen to us so that they can keep control of the house?

care

Just remember Care, you're the one who thought I should be nice to them! Big mistake, it's like feeding pigeons, otherwise known as rats with wings.

Just remember Care, you're the one who thought I should be nice to them! Big mistake, it's like feeding pigeons, otherwise known as rats with wings.

Truly it show the difference between children and the grown ups. Is on not allowed to express an opinion without being likinged to a pidgeon. Nobody said you have to agree, or like it but I guess making it clear that "if I don't like your view I'll put you on my ignore list" really shows a great level of maturity. Get over it, it's simply words on a screen. If ya can't make a simple reply, and have a little fun, then why bother at all......:rolleyes:

Did you read the post Care? Seems some libs want another attack to discredit Bush. That is the shamefull part.

Oh, the hypocrisy!

The Republicans are all over the 24/7 shows saying that another terror attack before the election will keep the republicans in power otherwise they will lose power... this was all on the sunday talk shows including Fox...

care

I said watch out for liberal mcveighs. That is the liberal version. They are out there too. They use to be called SDS and the weathermen. Groups like that.

I don't see an attack happening because of a republican plan or even a democrat plan. But our enemies watch our politics very closely and if they think they can affect our elections as they did in spain then they will try. So we have to watch out for the extreme right, the extreme left and the islamics as well. And how the government responds to an attack will be the deciding factor, not the attack itself. Its a matter of which side side falters and which side stands strong.

But our enemies watch our politics very closely and if they think they can affect our elections as they did in spain then they will try.

It wasn't that AQ attacked Spain that changed the election results, but that Aznar lied to the Spanish people, blaming ETA.

This liberal spoke very clearly of how they felt. People dying is fine with them as ong as the dems win the election.

Back