Another over the top cop

Timshel

I am sure some dumbass will defend the cop here.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,337012,00.html

On Dec. 8 Coyne decided to drive to Wal-Mart in the Chicago suburb of Crestwood so her children and a young friend could donate the coins they'd collected at her husband's office.

Even as she buckled 2-year-old Phoebe into the car, the girl was asleep. When Coyne arrived at the store, she found a spot to park in a loading zone, right behind someone tying a Christmas tree onto a car.

"It's sleeting out, it's not pleasant, I don't want to disturb her, wake her up," Coyne said this week. "It was safer to leave her in the safety and warmth of an alarmed car than take her."

So Coyne switched on the emergency flashers, locked the car, activated the alarm and walked the other children to the bell ringer.

She snapped a few pictures of the girls donating money and headed back to the car. But a community service officer blocked her way.

"She was on a tirade, she was yelling at me," Coyne said. The officer, Coyne said, didn't want to hear about how close Coyne was, how she never set foot inside the store and was just there to let the kids donate money, or how she could always see her car.

Last edited:
Heck they do the same thing with pets now. go in to pay for gas and come back out and catch hell for leaving a dog in the car...

but this lady took time to take pictures and such and did not notice the officer ?
Children and pets are a bit different. Kill the kids save the pets.

women who park in loading zones anyway....

Last edited:
yeah the paranoia was a lot worse in Tampa FL. when I lived down there if a child was in the grocery line checkout in fornt of me and I smiled or waved at them just being friendly the parent would glare at me, and maybe even snatch the child out of the cart. Here in the sticks the child smiles and the parent does too.

This is Illinois. Cops don't care about you breaking laws. If they want to arrest you, they will and just let the courts and DA settle the issue.

I long for the time that cops can be in mortal fear for unjustly persecuting citizens.

This is Illinois. Cops don't care about you breaking laws. If they want to arrest you, they will and just let the courts and DA settle the issue.

I long for the time that cops can be in mortal fear for unjustly persecuting citizens.

I am glad that you want a liberal America.
Me too.

Then move to a civilised place. If you can't sue a police officer for unlawful arrest or for a string of other torts in Illinois then go somewhere that there's some balance. Either that or get your lazy arse legislators on it.

Back