Another RINO kicked out

DamnYankee

Loyal to the end
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

SALT LAKE CITY - Once-popular Sen. Bob Bennett fell victim to a growing national conservative movement with his stunning defeat at Utah's GOP convention.

Delegates voted Saturday to bar the 76-year-old senator from seeking a fourth term, making him the first congressional incumbent to be ousted this year and demonstrates the challenges candidates face from the right in 2010.

Bennett was under fire for voting to bail out Wall Street, co-sponsoring a bipartisan bill mandating health insurance coverage and for aggressively pursuing earmarks.

"The political atmosphere obviously has been toxic, and it's very clear that some of the votes that I have cast have added to the toxic environment," Bennett told reporters Saturday, choking back tears.
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=1006286

:clink:

keep kicking out people from your party.

Keep eliminating voters from your rolls.

Keep pissing off anyone who is not in line with your narrowing views.

Its the best thing for America.

On Mother's day I was talking about this with some hard working republicans at the lower, local levels of government and they are fighting to bring back rationalism to their party. They think the tea party and the far right are more dangerous than the democrats. Kinda weird, I wished them luck.

I have said it before, and I will say it again, if the republicans would put a fiscal conservative out there, they would win by a landslide.

Leave the social conservatives and religious kooks out of the mix.

They would not win.

They cant win.

They have had to cheat to win in the last few elctions they won in.

That is why they began courting the religious nut bags during reagans time, Ity was the only wahy to expand the party.

Now that expansion is has taken their party from them.

keep kicking out people from your party.

Keep eliminating voters from your rolls.

Keep pissing off anyone who is not in line with your narrowing views.

Its the best thing for America.

Ever hear of a guy named Lieberman ???....

Doesn't matter right now if the Repubs kick all their moderates out and replace them with rightwing tongue talking loons. The democratic party doesn't have the ability to woo the moderates to their party because they have all the leftwing, treehugging, government interferers who will control the party in primaries. Between the two, moderate republicans are going to vote for fiscal conservatives and hold their nose on social issues. Dems fool themselves if they think any different.

Post-fascists win 40% of the vote and have an ass-hard time convincing anyone else to destroy humanity with them. That's why the far-right party, the Democrats, always wins over the neo-Nazi party.

Doesn't matter right now if the Repubs kick all their moderates out and replace them with rightwing tongue talking loons. The democratic party doesn't have the ability to woo the moderates to their party because they have all the leftwing, treehugging, government interferers who will control the party in primaries. Between the two, moderate republicans are going to vote for fiscal conservatives and hold their nose on social issues. Dems fool themselves if they think any different.

Probably true.

Back