Anti-Czar bill introduced

meme

get this info out to people you know...tell them to support this, bring it up at town halls..more links in the article..the Hugo is up to 30 or 40 czars already
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Lifson
It isn't getting a lot of media attention and with the Democrats' majorities in the House and Senate, it is probably doomed, but for the sake of the memory of our Constitution, somebody had to do it. From the Benton Country (Arkansas) Daily Record:

H.R. 3226, the Czar Accountability and Reform Act of 2009, would bar the use of appropriated funds to pay either expenses or salaries of members of task forces, councils, or similar offices established by the president and headed by a person appointed inappropriately to such a post without Senate advice and consent.

The bill is sponsored by Rep. Jack Kingston, R-Ga. And co-sponsored by Rep. John Boozman, R-Ark. To his everlasting credit, Democrat Senator Robert Byrd, who, for all his faults is a keen student of history, has also been raising objections to the Czar madness that has gripped the Democrats and their media lapdogs. If a Republican president had tried to grab unaccountable power in this manner, there would be a firestorm.

from..
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/08/anticzar_bill_introduced.html

get this info out to people you know...tell them to support this, bring it up at town halls..more links in the article..the Hugo is up to 30 or 40 czars already
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Thomas Lifson
It isn't getting a lot of media attention and with the Democrats' majorities in the House and Senate, it is probably doomed, but for the sake of the memory of our Constitution, somebody had to do it. From the Benton Country (Arkansas) Daily Record:

H.R. 3226, the Czar Accountability and Reform Act of 2009, would bar the use of appropriated funds to pay either expenses or salaries of members of task forces, councils, or similar offices established by the president and headed by a person appointed inappropriately to such a post without Senate advice and consent.

The bill is sponsored by Rep. Jack Kingston, R-Ga. And co-sponsored by Rep. John Boozman, R-Ark. To his everlasting credit, Democrat Senator Robert Byrd, who, for all his faults is a keen student of history, has also been raising objections to the Czar madness that has gripped the Democrats and their media lapdogs. If a Republican president had tried to grab unaccountable power in this manner, there would be a firestorm.

from..
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2009/08/anticzar_bill_introduced.html

Name the new "czars" please. A simple list will do.

This bill should be titled "Hamstring the President bill".

I actually would support the bill to the extent it prevents a president from having presidential advisors perform the functions of cabinet secretaries. There are actually very very few of those though.

It's also quite interesting that suddenly the Republicans are concerned about expansive executive power.

I actually would support the bill to the extent it prevents a president from having presidential advisors perform the functions of cabinet secretaries. There are actually very very few of those though.

It's also quite interesting that suddenly the Republicans are concerned about expansive executive power.

I agree.

On the Republicans concerns. I posted on this over a year ago.
I knew they would try to diminish the beast they had helped build when the dems got in power.

I agree.

On the Republicans concerns. I posted on this over a year ago.
I knew they would try to diminish the beast they had helped build when the dems got in power.

no other President has appointed this many Czars the Hugo Obama..over 30 so far

no other President has appointed this many Czars the Hugo Obama..over 30 so far

List the Czars and their titles.

Hugo Obama? What is up with that? Trying to combine link Obama to Chavez to make his appear more evil?

LIke Adolf Limbaugh?

I also find it not surprising that the democrats that screamed about this expansion of federal power are now quite willing to deal with it because of the party change.

just remember, there is a group of people out here who disagreed with it during GWs terms as well.

I also find it not surprising that the democrats that screamed about this expansion of federal power are now quite willing to deal with it because of the party change.

just remember, there is a group of people out here who disagreed with it during GWs terms as well.

My view is that there is no expansion of executive power regarding the "czars." It's a non-issue. There are several things Obama is doing consistent with the Bush Administration that are definitely troubling, but this isn't one of them.

Interestingly, they think it is interesting how the left suddenly seems unconcerned about it. The next President will not give up any executive powers claimed by this administration, this one won't give up any claimed by Bush, and future ones will claim still more.

The only check and balance we have seems willing to give up anything and everything.

Better yet, just list the "new" czars and their titles.
Energy czar Carol Browner

Urban czar Adolfo Carrion, Jr.

Infotech czar Vivek Kundra

Faith-based czar Joshua DuBois

Health reform czar Nancy-Ann DeParle

New TARP czar Herb Allison

Stimulus accountability czar Earl Devaney

Non-proliferation czar Gary Samore

Terrorism (I thought they didn't use that word) czar John Brennan

Regulatory czar Cass Sunstein

Drug czar Gil Kerlikowske

Guantanamo closure czar Daniel Fried.

Interestingly, they think it is interesting how the left suddenly seems unconcerned about it. The next President will not give up any executive powers claimed by this administration, this one won't give up any claimed by Bush, and future ones will claim still more.

The only check and balance we have seems willing to give up anything and everything.

1) What is "it?"

2) Continue reading the thread.

i don't believe all those czar positions were created under obama....bush was the faith based, drug was reagan i think...

OK, now we're getting somewhere. But could you please pare the list down to the "new" czars as I requested?

Totally not like those benign Bush Czars, which included:

* Cyber Security Czar
* Regulatory Czar
* AIDS Czar
* Bird Flu Czar
* Intelligence Czar
* Health IT Czar
* Katrina Czar
* Manufacturing Czar
* Drug Czar
* Domestic Policy Czar
* War Czar
* Copywright Czar
* Abstinence Czar
* Mine Safety Czar
* Latin American Czar
* WTO Health Czar
* Corruption Czar
* Privacy Czar
* Health Czar

IOKIYAR, blah, blah...

http://firedoglake.com/2009/07/30/eric-cantor-all-of-george-w-bush%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98czars%E2%80%99-were-totally-fine-but-obama%E2%80%99s-really-piss-me-off/

Totally not like those benign Bush Czars, which included:

* Cyber Security Czar
* Regulatory Czar
* AIDS Czar
* Bird Flu Czar
* Intelligence Czar
* Health IT Czar
* Katrina Czar
* Manufacturing Czar
* Drug Czar
* Domestic Policy Czar
* War Czar
* Copywright Czar
* Abstinence Czar
* Mine Safety Czar
* Latin American Czar
* WTO Health Czar
* Corruption Czar
* Privacy Czar
* Health Czar

IOKIYAR, blah, blah...

http://firedoglake.com/2009/07/30/eric-cantor-all-of-george-w-bush%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98czars%E2%80%99-were-totally-fine-but-obama%E2%80%99s-really-piss-me-off/

are you claiming bush created all these czars?

Back