Anybody here with any death-defying personal experiences?

CanadianKid

I got hit by a car while jaywalking...and lived to tell about it... Only a busted kneecap as I jumped and rolled onto the hood. This was when I was 15.

CK

I've been a bull rider. I've done ropeless rock climbing, just weeks afterward a college kid died in the area we were climbing trying to do the same thing. I've broken horses the hard way. I've been hit by a car on my bicycle.

What have you done?

I was hit by a truck on my motorcycle (t-bone), moving at highway speeds and survived. I survived a thunderstorm in a life raft. I rolled a pickup. I was charged by an escaped bull, which was shot dead by the police before it got very far in my direction. I was never dumb enough to climb without ropes.

I chased my black high school classmate down the most violent street in Oakland with a fake gun in my hand (was for a school game where you had to 'shoot' who ever's name you drew)

So death defying, CK. You are a true danger junkie putting your life on the line like that.

I've had guns aimed at my head a few different occasions but obviously it never went anywhere. I don't think anyone beats GL's 3 tours in Nam but I'll put my own experiences up against any civilian's.

Last edited:
I was involved in a couple of incidents when I worked in the prison system with a population of psych-referred patients. In one we were shot at and in the second an inmate pulled a knife on me. I'm not sure that either situation would have turned lethal but the potential is always there.

It was far scarier driving with my mother. She was the world's worst! :eek:

I have been in charge of traffic control on highways dozens of times in at least 4 states.

I have run Class III rapids in an open canoe.

I got a big enough electric shock to blow the fuses & breakers on the entire wing of a church.

But the most dangerous thing I ever did was live with a psychotic woman from MD.

Back