Anybody know why US Government bails out financial industry but not auto sector....

CanadianKid

Doesnt make sense to me....

First only a small portion of the financial industry is hurting.... if you look at the companies that are getting bailed out... thats about 10% of the financial sector.....

On the other hand if the Big 3 auto companies go bankrupt u can wipe out basically 2 million jobs right away....

So really the US government has got its priorities all wrong....

CK

Because any bailout would help unions.

The goal is for a restructuring and such to do away with the unions.
or hamstring them badly.

ie break the promises the industry has made to their workers.

Because any bailout would help unions.

The goal is for a restructuring and such to do away with the unions.
or hamstring them badly.

ie break the promises the industry has made to their workers.

Are the workers for the other automakers in the US doing that badly? The people I know that work at the Hyundai plant and the Mercedes plant seem to like their jobs and make good money.

As one who opposed the bank bailout, I feel the same way about the bailout for the automakers.

What is your point here?

That the big 3 automakers have done this to themselves, and bailouts will not change anything.

And that the automakers AND the unions have a hand is the position these companies find themselves in.

That the big 3 automakers have done this to themselves, and bailouts will not change anything.

And that the automakers AND the unions have a hand is the position these companies find themselves in.

The big 3 don't deserve a bailout. But do Americans deserve what will happen if we don't bail them out?

I'm not sure we can handle a 10% + unemployment rate right now. Even if they screw up the bailout & it's only a temporary life raft, I'd still rather see them go belly up after some of the other economic fundamentals are on an upswing, and our economy is in a stronger position in general.

Doesnt make sense to me....

First only a small portion of the financial industry is hurting.... if you look at the companies that are getting bailed out... thats about 10% of the financial sector.....

On the other hand if the Big 3 auto companies go bankrupt u can wipe out basically 2 million jobs right away....

So really the US government has got its priorities all wrong....

CK

To answer the question, the Big 3 are unionized.

About 6 manufacturing palnts in KY that supply components to the big 3 are in the process of shutting down now. Bad times ahead.

There is no doubt that its going to be bad on the entire economy.

It will actually be good for my business if the big 3 dealers shut down.
But I would rather they did not shut down.
I have no desire to enrich myself off of others misery.
Why I am not a Republican I suppose.

USC you are such a partisan dolt.

I'm not sure I can take your idiocy anymore. Welcome to my ignore list.

For the record, you are the only person I consider annoying enough to put on IA.

USC you are such a partisan dolt.

I'm not sure I can take your idiocy anymore. Welcome to my ignore list.

For the record, you are the only person I consider annoying enough to put on IA.

Oh Oh....

Big Man on Campus talking!

Thats right everybody listen up!

Shove off faggot. No one's talking to your bitch ass.

Well apparently you are responding to me, and you are posting on the thread that I created.....

Hey douchebag why are you giving idle threats to people?

I'm sure USCitizen must be crying about getting on ur IA list...

CK

There is no doubt that its going to be bad on the entire economy.

This is a test case to showcase the new global incentive system: abandon workers, suck fascist dick, get rewarded.
The bankers got theirs because they're at the core of keeping the financial system an elitist and nihilist machine of anti-populism.

For fascism to succeed there has to be sufficient number enriched off the fascist system, so they are incented to tighten the noose on the others, as per instructions of the illuminati controller-fags.

they will bail out the autos too, some of those board members sail off the Hamptons with the Banking thief's/boardmembers who just ass raped us without a reacharound.

they will bail out the autos too, some of those board members sail off the Hamptons with the Banking thief's/boardmembers who just ass raped us without a reacharound.

Nope. This is about breaking the unions. They will go through chapter 11 restructuring to get out of commitments to workers. Looks like the lockbox had a hole in it.

Back