AP presidential poll: All even in the homestretch

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
WASHINGTON (AP) - The presidential race tightened after the final debate, with John McCain gaining among whites and people earning less than $50,000, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll that shows McCain and Barack Obama essentially running even among likely voters in the election homestretch.

The poll, which found Obama at 44 percent and McCain at 43 percent, supports what some Republicans and Democrats privately have said in recent days: that the race narrowed after the third debate as GOP-leaning voters drifted home to their party and McCain's "Joe the plumber" analogy struck a chord.

Three weeks ago, an AP-GfK survey found that Obama had surged to a seven-point lead over McCain, lifted by voters who thought the Democrat was better suited to lead the nation through its sudden economic crisis.

The contest is still volatile, and the split among voters is apparent less than two weeks before Election Day.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The presidential race tightened after the final debate, with John McCain gaining among whites and people earning less than $50,000, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll that shows McCain and Barack Obama essentially running even among likely voters in the election homestretch.

The poll, which found Obama at 44 percent and McCain at 43 percent, supports what some Republicans and Democrats privately have said in recent days: that the race narrowed after the third debate as GOP-leaning voters drifted home to their party and McCain's "Joe the plumber" analogy struck a chord.

Three weeks ago, an AP-GfK survey found that Obama had surged to a seven-point lead over McCain, lifted by voters who thought the Democrat was better suited to lead the nation through its sudden economic crisis.

The contest is still volatile, and the split among voters is apparent less than two weeks before Election Day.

"I trust McCain more, and I do feel that he has more experience in government than Obama. I don't think Obama has been around long enough," said Angela Decker, 44, of La Porte, Ind.

But Karen Judd, 58, of Middleton, Wis., said, "Obama certainly has sufficient qualifications." She said any positive feelings about McCain evaporated with "the outright lying" in TV ads and his choice of running mate Sarah Palin, who "doesn't have the correct skills."

The new AP-GfK head-to-head result is a departure from some, but not all, recent national polls.

More at link...

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D93VM4PO0&show_article=1

All the polls yesterday where Obama anywhere from 5 to 14 ahead. I don't buy the 14. I think it is probably somewhere around 4 to 6 points for Obama. And National polling really doesn't mean shit. State by state is where we are at now.

I was waiting to see who the cherry-picker would be. Congrats Damo. You win.

For the record, my money was on Superfreak.

Even Fox had it at 9 today, and there were 3 others at 10. I'd say the race is +5 Obama at minimum.

One thing I noticed about the AP was that it had McCain at 43%, which is in line with the other polls. It was Obama's # that was different; kind of strange, but I still think this one's an anomoly.

John McCain promises to Pummel in Americans earning less the 50k a year in the debate, and gains amongst them, while not amongst people who actually make the amount of money where he's proposing to cut. Typical.

All the polls yesterday where Obama anywhere from 5 to 14 ahead. I don't buy the 14. I think it is probably somewhere around 4 to 6 points for Obama. And National polling really doesn't mean shit. State by state is where we are at now.

Even if Obama lost the popular vote it's unlikely he'd lose the EC. He has a tight grip on the swing states and the only place McCain is gaining in is in the idiot states that he's promising to pummel that will vote for him anyway.

Inane. I posted nothing. I copy and pasted an article.

I haven't yet offered any opinion on the polling. Mostly because I really do not care who wins this time. I was fascinated by the difference on this poll to others I have seen of late. Of course, the article itself mentions those other polls. I notice you, regretfully, didn't read it.

Inane. I posted nothing. I copy and pasted an article.

I haven't yet offered any opinion on the polling. Mostly because I really do not care who wins this time. I was fascinated by the difference on this poll to others I have seen of late. Of course, the article itself mentions those other polls. I notice you, regretfully, didn't read it.

Are you serious?

Which once again confirms your status as a dumbass. If you were to actually pay attention, you would have seen that I have already declared the race to be over. I do not believe McCain can catch him now.

Side note: For future reference... I typically just look to Rasmussen and Gallup.

He really didn't make any comment. The poll is interesting because it is so different from all the others. I didn't get the idea that Damo was posting this to prove anything or insist that this was the correct poll.

Which once again confirms your status as a dumbass. If you were to actually pay attention, you would have seen that I have already declared the race to be over. I do not believe McCain can catch him now.

Side note: For future reference... I typically just look to Rasmussen and Gallup.

rasmussen=right wing propaganda.

rasmussen=right wing propaganda.

LMAO... they are one of the most accurate polling services... plus, if you look at BOTH Rasmussen AND Gallup, you will tend to get a pretty good idea of the big picture.

side note... Rasmussen has Obama up 6 points right now.

i don't get it damo?? anyways they are... the latest is the "fox/rasmussen polls"

lol yeah that shits fair and balanced. haha

i don't get it damo?? anyways they are... the latest is the "fox/rasmussen polls"

lol yeah that shits fair and balanced. haha

If it's so biased why would it have Obama leading by 6 and the AP have it tied?

As an aside just compare historical accuracy in Presidential projections for potential bias.

Back