AP story says US needs to learn from Cuba

theMAJORITY

MAJORITYrules-sorry
The hurricane killed a devistating 5 people in Cuba. Sorry for their loss, but congrats on the low number. Now, the AP makes a point that their evacuation is better than ourrs (we don't use gun point until needed I guess), but the interesting part of the story is the AP says that we need to learn from is----there was no looting. Now, knowing that over half of the population is a government employee, (and can evacuate with out loosing a pay check)---the other half don't own anything to loot---because it is a communist country. Obama style.

The AP always writes these favorable stories about communsit countries, and tells us we need to be like them, F the AP

They do seem to respond to hurricanes better than we do. Check out how they responded after being hit by Katrina and Rita.

Just about anything the AP writes is bull shit. They try to push a great society that does not loot durring a major crisis, to show us how savage we are compared to Castro. The fact is--it is a communist nation, and the people have nothing to take. The AP forgot to mention that part.

Well, they are smart enough to not build a city in a bowl then give it levees that only can withstand a Cat 3 'cane.

The main damage from Katrina wasn't from it's winds, and the only thing the 'Category' system does is measure winds.
The wind pushes the tide... Categories also add to the swell. The levees were specifically designed to withstand a swell from a cat 3, however the push was larger as it didn't lower to cat 3 until it hit land. The swells were huge and overwhelmed the levee.

At least this is how I understood it from remembered news coverage at the time.

This is deceptive, they do not count babies born and breathing unless they live for a week or so. We count them if they even take one breath.

could be. I guess we should figure it like they do just to see who is better by their standards. has anyone done that ? should be simple to do.

could be. I guess we should figure it like they do just to see who is better by their standards. has anyone done that ? should be simple to do.
I don't know if they separate the numbers on the report that way, thus making it not really so simple.

Back