Apparently Nikki Haley has psychic abilities

ZenMode

Former U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Nikki Haley, the last remaining challenger to Donald Trump in this year’s Republican presidential primary, predicted that Kamala Harris would be elected president if Trump beat her out for the GOP nomination earlier this year.

On Fox News Tuesday afternoon, Martha MacCallum and Bret Baier recalled Haley’s comments while previewing Haley’s interview with Baier airing later in the evening.

In one interview with CNN’s Kaitlan Collins this past February, Haley mused “The party that gets rid of their 80-year-old candidate is the party that will win. There will be a female president of the United States. It will either be me or it will be Kamala Harris. If Republicans nominate Donald Trump, it will be Kamala Harris.”

To quote one of the posts on this board "that's ageism, and it's ugly".

Maybe but it's also true a majority of Americans did not want either Biden or Trump.

To quote one of the posts on this board "that's ageism, and it's ugly".

Maybe but it's also true a majority of Americans did not want either Biden or Trump.

Yeah, being an older person I normally like to avoid ageist thinking but it really is a no-brainer that there is a maximum age where one can be the leader of the free world.

A few years back I decided that, at that time, there should be a requirement that all senior government officials HAD to have spent at least half of their lives using a mouse.

Biden was too frickin' old. I suspect he's still mentally quite sharp but he just lacks the vigor we kind of need from our leader. Trump, being just a couple years younger, doesn't seem as old but gosh ahmighty he has so many deficits to begin with age will only make him worse.

I'm pretty excited for Kamala. Her selection has really infused some life into this dreadful campaign season.

Yeah, being an older person I normally like to avoid ageist thinking but it really is a no-brainer that there is a maximum age where one can be the leader of the free world.

A few years back I decided that, at that time, there should be a requirement that all senior government officials HAD to have spent at least half of their lives using a mouse.

Biden was too frickin' old. I suspect he's still mentally quite sharp but he just lacks the vigor we kind of need from our leader. Trump, being just a couple years younger, doesn't seem as old but gosh ahmighty he has so many deficits to begin with age will only make him worse.

I'm pretty excited for Kamala. Her selection has really infused some life into this dreadful campaign season.
I guess I struggle with the idea that we should have an age limit, in case there is some unicorn type individual in the future who we wouldn't want forced out. But I do agree with your premise in this day and age (as opposed to pre television) there has to be a level of (at least perceived) vibrancy in the leader of the free world.

I guess I struggle with the idea that we should have an age limit, in case there is some unicorn type individual in the future who we wouldn't want forced out. But I do agree with your premise in this day and age (as opposed to pre television) there has to be a level of (at least perceived) vibrancy in the leader of the free world.
I say 65, but if you age over that in your first term, you can still seek reelection.

Retirement age people should RETIRE, RELAX, and stop trying to be in control of anything other than their own lives. I think society is moving to stranger and stranger places in terms of life expectancy, activity levels, and things like how social media and really even traditional media have played a bigger role in our lives for the last 50 years.

Politicians are closer to being celebrities than they've ever been, and relinquishing that because of your age isn't something most of them want to do. We haven't had a Democratic president die since -LBJ- and we just had two of the oldest presidents get elected. And I guess I can speak for other millennials when I say we're a bit sluggish stepping up into leadership roles. Boomers might say it's because we don't like to answer phones or whatever but I think it's just a tremendous amount of cynicism from living through stuff like the Bush era.

Last edited:
Back