Apple Inc. is coming to North Carolina.

Raleigh is a huge tech center, idiot. They have massive subsidies for tech industries. So this is actually a victory for government intervention. Epic fail.

Raleigh is a huge tech center, idiot. They have massive subsidies for tech industries. So this is actually a victory for government intervention. Epic fail.
Actually, Einstein, Raleigh - Durham - Cary (Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees) is referred to as "The Triangle", and "The Triad" is Winston-Salem - Greensboro - High Point.

This is one-billion dollar victory for low taxation, reduced government regulation and the "right to work" without having a union in the way. :)

Epic pwnership of Watermark.

Actually, Einstein, Raleigh - Durham - Cary (Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees) is referred to as "The Triangle", and "The Triad" is Winston-Salem - Greensboro - High Point.

This is one-billion dollar victory for low taxation, reduced government regulation and the "right to work" without having a union in the way. :)

Epic pwnership of Watermark.
What do you plan on doing with your newly acquired Watermark?

How anyone can be stupid enough to equate government subsidy with "small government" is ... astounding.

How anyone can be stupid enough to equate government subsidy with "small government" is ... astounding.
I'm on record at being against government incentives when they wooed Dell into Winston-Salem a few years back. The state and county gave them free land and about ten grand per job created. That would have been the equivalent of a 1/4 acre and $50k for my small company. But, since other states do it, NC is forced to. This is one area where the Feds could regulate and stop this practice.

I'm on record at being against government incentives when they wooed Dell into Winston-Salem a few years back. The state and county gave them free land and about ten grand per job created. That would have been the equivalent of a 1/4 acre and $50k for my small company. But, since other states do it, NC is forced to. This is one area where the Feds could regulate and stop this practice.

I agree. There should be either a federal amendment or an interestate agreement to not give out subsidies to specific corporations.

However, giving out larger subsidies than your neighbors isn't exactly a victory for low taxes on the rich, anti-worker places.

I agree. There should be either a federal amendment or an interestate agreement to not give out subsidies to specific corporations.

However, giving out larger subsidies than your neighbors isn't exactly a victory for low taxes on the rich, anti-worker places.
The size of the incentive is not the only element in Apple's decision. There is geological and meteorological stability, cheap and abundant electricity (they'll be on the nuclear end of the grid here), low cost of living, high standard of living, etc.

Now get back onto your leash. :)

RTP. Duhhh!

Maybe you guys can get jobs sticking Chinese made iPhones in boxes?

So much for finding common ground, what sports.

My kids wrestled in college after doing baseball and bball with me couching little league for 10yrs.
Cross country, track and field, field hockey, alpine skiing. Wrestling is a tough sport, no doubt. Man to man, no way to be defeated anonymously. And at the college level. :clink:

awesome, cross country is great for fitness. Some of the high school wreslters did it to keep fit and their weight down. Skiing sounds like fun, My kids went to a wrestling camp at App ST are you guys near their?

awesome, cross country is great for fitness. Some of the high school wreslters did it to keep fit and their weight down. Skiing sounds like fun, My kids went to a wrestling camp at App ST are you guys near their?
Lots of athletes use CC and Track for that very reason, and anyone who has becomes a better athlete. Its amazing how many kids that play team sports simply don't know how to run. There are many excellent opportunities to ski in the High Country, just west of the Yadkin Valley. App is about an hour from the heart of the Valley.

Back