43) Kentucky
44) Georgia
45) Tennessee
46) West Virginia
47) South Carolina
48) Arkansas
49) Alabama
50) Mississippi

Feel free to compliment, complain, tweak, and counterlist.

Yup, If you're rich or work out of state CT is pleasant enough, but as we have a very large class disparity and marginalized culture pockets Id disagree. You want NYs leftover come on in, but our largest cities are going nowhere fast, including my little cesspit.

tl;dr

Screw CT. We get our drugs from Maine and our fashion from Jersey.

Colorado should be at least number 1 if not higher. Is made much more awesome by my mere presence.

In other news, this listing serves no purpose other than to make division between red idiots and blue idiots that much more silly.

But I still don't like California.

Shit, another Coloradoan? Awesome! I was once on a site run by Brent that was like 33% Washingtonian. :cool:

Anyway, my low ranking of Ohio is admittedly influenced by my posting on this site. That said, I am not budging on my bottom 8 or so. They truly represent the armpit of America, and if I could drop WV and SC any lower, I would! California would be number one if this list were made in 1990 or earlier, but it has really fallen from grace with it's drive toward bankruptcy and general shenanigans. CT obviously beats out MA for being more elite, but the #2 seed can be proud that it has Harvard (which is cooler than Yale), MIT (and BC and BU are pretty legit for smaller tiered schools), a major city in Boston, and actual pro sports teams that are all very good at the moment.

My list... not arbitrary, but based on my own formula of personal preference, nature and beauty, and stuff to do and see.

1. Hawaii
2. Texas
3. Colorado
4. Georgia
5. Virginia
6. Alabama
7. Florida
8. Vermont
9. California
10. Louisiana
11. New Hampshire
12. Kentucky
13. Montana
14. North Carolina
15. New York
16. Massachusetts
17. Maine
18. Tennessee
19. Arizona
20. Missouri
21. Iowa
22. Idaho
23. Nebraska
24. Wyoming
25. South Dakota
26. Rhode Island
27. Maryland
28. South Carolina
29. Pennsylvania
30. Oklahoma
31. Arkansas
32. Kansas
33. North Dakota
34. Wisconsin
35. Utah
36. Minnesota
37. Alaska
38. Indiana
39. Nevada
40. Connecticut
41. Delaware
42. Washington
43. Oregon
44. Mississippi
45. New Mexico
46. West Virginia
47. Illinois
48. Michigan
49. New Jersey
50. Ohio

I actually love that list. It conforms to the JPP rule of "thou shalt hate New Jersey and Ohio," while being fairly well laid out. Hawaii and Florida are going to look pretty damn good by the time the lists done being compiled.

My list... not arbitrary, but based on my own formula of personal preference, nature and beauty, and stuff to do and see.

48. Michigan

do not be fooled....except for a little part that touches Ohio, Michigan is a beautiful state.....
images
images
images

Most Elite/Cool to Most Prolish/Shitty

1) Connecticut
2) Massachusetts
3) New Hampshire
4) Vermont
5) Hawaii
6) Colorado
7) Montana
8) Florida
9) California
10) Washington
11) Oregon
12) Alaska
13) Nevada
14) Michigan
15) Minnesota
16) Maine
17) Arizona
18) Pennsylvania
19) Delaware
20) Idaho
21) Wyoming
22) Wisconsin
23) Rhode Island
24) Nebraska
25) Kansas
26) Oklahoma
27) Illinois
28) New York
29) Maryland
30) Missouri
31) Indiana
32) South Dakota
33) New Jersey
34) Iowa
35) North Dakota
36) Texas
37) Virginia
38) Utah
39) New Mexico
40) North Carolina
41) Louisiana
42) Ohio
43) Kentucky
44) Georgia
45) Tennessee
46) West Virginia
47) South Carolina
48) Arkansas
49) Alabama
50) Mississippi

Feel free to compliment, complain, tweak, and counterlist.
Un huh......and just exactly how many of these States have to been too? I've been to 35 of them....well to be honest I've only been in California while changing flights at LAX a couple of times so we'll say 34. I can tell by your list that you've never been to most of these States.

I know you haven't been to Massachusets cause the place is a shit hole. The cities are large, overcrowded and dirty, the small cities are ugly dirty mill towns and the rest of the state is punctuated with dilapidated rundown farm towns and the people are uniformly the most stuck up people in the country. Don't expect a lot of hospitality in Mass.....Boston in particular.....as it's the arrogant asshole capital of the universe.

I can also tell you've never been to West Virginia. Yea there's a lot of poverty there but the State is filled with legions of the most hospitable and friendly people in the country, poor as they may be, they'll stop to help a stranger, give you the shirt off their back or offer you a home cooked meal. It's also probably the most beautiful State east of the Mississippi.

You're also short changing some of the southern States. I'd by far rather live in South Carolina then gloomy old over cast Washington....suicide Capital of the US. (Though it's one of the 16 States I haven't been too so I"ll withhold judgment. I hear the geography is gorgeous there but the weather is depressing as hell.).

Last edited:
Un huh......and just exactly how many of these States have to been too? I've been to 35 of them....well to be honest I've only been in California while changing flights at LAX a couple of times so we'll say 34. I can tell by your list that you've never been to most of these States.

I know you haven't been to Massachusets cause the place is a shit hole. The cities are large, overcrowded and dirty, the small cities are ugly dirty mill towns and the rest of the state is punctuated with dilapidated rundown farm towns and the people are uniformly the most stuck up people in the country. Don't expect a lot of hospitality in Mass.....Boston in particular.....as it's the arrogant asshole capital of the universe.

I can also tell you've never been to West Virginia. Yea there's a lot of poverty there but the State is filled with legions of the most hospitable and friendly people in the country, poor as they may be, they'll stop to help a stranger, give you the shirt off their back or offer you a home cooked meal. It's also probably the most beautiful State east of the Mississippi.

You're also short changing some of the southern States. I'd by far rather live in South Carolina then gloomy old over cast Washington....suicide Capital of the US. (Though it's one of the 16 States I haven't been too so I"ll withhold judgment. I hear the geography is gorgeous there but the weather is depressing as hell.).

Wow. I disagree with you about Massachusetts. Have you ever been to the berkshires? There is this place there called The Red Lion Inn that is one of my favorite places. What about Cape Cod? I love cape cod. And you are way too hard on Boston.

However, there are a lot of assholes in Boston, and also a lot of racists. I will give you that.

Shit, another Coloradoan? Awesome! I was once on a site run by Brent that was like 33% Washingtonian. :cool:

Anyway, my low ranking of Ohio is admittedly influenced by my posting on this site. That said, I am not budging on my bottom 8 or so. They truly represent the armpit of America, and if I could drop WV and SC any lower, I would! California would be number one if this list were made in 1990 or earlier, but it has really fallen from grace with it's drive toward bankruptcy and general shenanigans. CT obviously beats out MA for being more elite, but the #2 seed can be proud that it has Harvard (which is cooler than Yale), MIT (and BC and BU are pretty legit for smaller tiered schools), a major city in Boston, and actual pro sports teams that are all very good at the moment.
That's just plain stupid. You're talking about places you've never been and people you don't know. W. VA is a bit to sparsely populated for my taste but it's a beautiful State and the people are very hospitable. South Carolina ranks at the top of my list as places I'd like to live. Let me tell you, owning a home or a condo on Lake Murry or having a home in Charleston, Hilton Head or Myrtle Beach would be awesome and even midland cities like Greenville, Columbia and Spartanburg are nice places to live with nice geography and a wonderful climate (though a bit hot in the summer, 3/4 of the year it's great!). Same with North Carolina. I'd go back their in a heart beat if it wasn't for family issues here in Ohio. Ashville is one of my favored retirement destination. Same with Virginia, awesome State! You have a combination of congenial climate, gorgeous geography and proximity to major metropolitan regions. Charlottesville, VA is another one of my retirement destinations. You also don't know anything about Georgia. Atlanta is the capital of the south with all the opportunity and cultural diversity that implies and Savannah, Athens, Augusta and Albany are wonderful towns to live in. Then you have NH, VT and Maine at the top of your list? Holy fuck balls...they're beautiful States but they're frozen solid 3/4th of the year. I can tell you've never been there!

ar·bi·trar·y
/ˈärbiˌtrerē/
Adjective
Based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
No shit....you can just tell he's never been to the States he has at the bottom of his list or at the top of his list. Mass asshole chusets? Fuck I'd rather live in michigan than there.

Back