Are liberals glad that the Boston bomber will face the death penalty?

DamnYankee

Loyal to the end
Per federal law, enacted under Bush I believe. Since they wussed out on capital punishment for murder in Massachusetts.

Screen-shot-2013-04-22-at-9.14.11-AM-300x297.png

Per federal law, enacted under Bush I believe. Since they wussed out on capital punishment for murder in Massachusetts.

Hard to say

But they are very disappointed that the bombers turned out to be a couple of young Muslim men and NOT two white guys who were members of the Tea Party

BTW they were also getting welfare handouts from the taxpayers of MA

Re: Are liberals glad that the Bostron bomber will face the death penalty?

I'm alright with it. Death penalty in general? Eh....the bad thing about the Death Penalty is the potential for taking an innocent life.

I think that unless, as is the case with the bomber, that it should be an airtight case before it's considered. I'm talking DNA, Witnesses, Motive, Weapon, and preferably an uncoerced confession.

I'm alright with it. Death penalty in general? Eh....the bad thing about the Death Penalty is the potential for taking an innocent life.

I think that unless, as is the case with the bomber, that it should be an airtight case before it's considered. I'm talking DNA, Witnesses, Motive, Weapon, and preferably an uncoerced confession.
That's why heavy labor is such an appealing prison sentence. The felons sweat their asses off, and they are forced to contribute despite their selfishness.

This liberal is glad that an American citizen is being tried under the law of the land.

EXACTLY.

Did you notice Fox News trying to keep this out of American hands? It was bs. (I'm sure you did, that was a broad question and rhetorical)

How dare you want lots of information to prove something. Appearantly..........that's NOT the American way.

I ain't no "liberal," but I'm glad that as a US citizen he'll be tried and treated as a US citizen and given a full and complete trial.

I've generally given up on my support of the death penalty, but I could ahem..."live with" his execution after a full and fair court hearing that finds him guilty.

But even worse than death is what he'll likely get, which is a long LIFE imprisonment in Super-Max, with 23 hours a day solitary confinement and one hour a day outside his tiny cell, with a sliver of sky/sunlight he'll see during that hour until he dies of old age. Pretty horrific, and worse than death in my opinion.

I ain't no "liberal," but I'm glad that as a US citizen he'll be tried and treated as a US citizen and given a full and complete trial.

I've generally given up on my support of the death penalty, but I could ahem..."live with" his execution after a full and fair court hearing that finds him guilty.

But even worse than death is what he'll likely get, which is a long LIFE imprisonment in Super-Max, with 23 hours a day solitary confinement and one hour a day outside his tiny cell, with a sliver of sky/sunlight he'll see during that hour until he dies of old age. Pretty horrific, and worse than death in my opinion.

I agree, life to think about his stupidity. Pictures of his victims should plaster his cell. Victims parents should visit him on their loved ones missed markers, birthdays, graduation, marriage children. He should be reminded daily.

Hard to say

But they are very disappointed that the bombers turned out to be a couple of young Muslim men and NOT two white guys who were members of the Tea Party

BTW they were also getting welfare handouts from the taxpayers of MA
I wouldn't say we we're dissapointed that the bomber turned out to be a Chechen and not a wingnut teabagger......I'd say we we're very suprized it wasn't one of those nutjobs.

This liberal is glad that an American citizen is being tried under the law of the land.
I concur, the principle of the rule of law is what is most important here. Life in prison or death penalty is just splitting hairs. They're both terrible punishments. If I was convicted of capital murder I'd prefer the death penalty to life in prison. So that's a question I'm not over concerned about. Given conservatives tendency to be scared to death of they're own shadows I can see why they prefer the death penalty for criminals. As long at it's not one of them that's being whacked. Then that's a different story.

Agreed!

Nobody knows for sure if he'll face the death penalty; but I certainly believe that he's worthy of facing it.
Just take a brief look at all those lives he's destroyed and broken apart.

Liberals are not happy.
They sooooooo hoped it would be a person they could link to the NRA or the tea party.

But no!!
It was one of their own, indoctrinated to hate America at CAMBRIDGE SYRINGE AND LATIN!

A hotbed of liberal terrorism, crazed drug use and treason.

Liberal terrorists!

Back