Are you thinking about buying a battery car?

theMAJORITY

MAJORITYrules-sorry
Do you own or are thinking about buying a car that runs on electric/gas like a Toyota Prius?

My favorite search engine is "dogpile.com"

Punch in the words "nickel plant in sudbury ontario" and check out about 5 articles that will be on the first page.

I warn you---you may not be very happy.

I thought about it but figured for maybe another 10 MPG I could buy a lot of gas for the price of a Prius.

Plus after my surgery I may or may not be able to drive.

I mentioned in another thread today about Ethanol, that there is a technology that has been out for about 10 years for Vertical Wind Axis Turbines. These things can produce electricity from any wind direction. Use these things to power your garage, supplying electricity to power your car when parked, and station them at gas stations everywhere for people to 'plug-in'. I suggest hybrid models to generate enough interest in the electric market. Chevy Volt's are coming out in 2010. They are expensive but thats the way the free market works. After a wave of people buy them, they will come down in price. Right now though, take a look at Vertical Axis Wind Turbines to power your home, they can pay for themselves in 3-7 years. You save money on electric bills, sometimes generating enough to put power back into the grid, getting you money from the electic company. You can find different shaped ones and some of them are pretty cool looking, and they don't kill birds. I'm gonna invest some money into this market myself here soon, it's starting to take off.

Did you guys actually put those words in a search engine?

DigitalDave, I know all these energy alternatives are suppliments--like AFLAK insurance. But, how about a building full of windmills that can rotate 360 deg. The building itself has open walls with flanges on the sides to create a ventrui effect in the building for faster wind speed that the natural wind. I don't know if it would work, but I am sure maintiance would be a lot easier.

If GE makes it---you guys know it was a tax payers idea. :)

The nickle plant in sudbury ontario has been there a long time, but one article says Toyota has all their nickle processed there for the prius. The process puts a lot of sulfer dixoid into the air, and there is not any vegitation for miles around the plant, and the lakes look black in the satallite photos. Sulfer dioxid mixes with water in the air to form acid rain---and there is a high breast cancer rate down wind from the plant. It is the worst place on earth--by far--if prius owners are really concerned.

I know the religion---people do not want to read it.

the plug in is $100,000 only hollywood types are buying, its a good first step though. They are supposed to be working on a $30,000 sedan

I mentioned in another thread today about Ethanol, that there is a technology that has been out for about 10 years for Vertical Wind Axis Turbines. These things can produce electricity from any wind direction. Use these things to power your garage, supplying electricity to power your car when parked, and station them at gas stations everywhere for people to 'plug-in'. I suggest hybrid models to generate enough interest in the electric market. Chevy Volt's are coming out in 2010. They are expensive but thats the way the free market works. After a wave of people buy them, they will come down in price. Right now though, take a look at Vertical Axis Wind Turbines to power your home, they can pay for themselves in 3-7 years. You save money on electric bills, sometimes generating enough to put power back into the grid, getting you money from the electic company. You can find different shaped ones and some of them are pretty cool looking, and they don't kill birds. I'm gonna invest some money into this market myself here soon, it's starting to take off.

For christ sake...

Did you guys actually put those words in a search engine?

DigitalDave, I know all these energy alternatives are suppliments--like AFLAK insurance. But, how about a building full of windmills that can rotate 360 deg. The building itself has open walls with flanges on the sides to create a ventrui effect in the building for faster wind speed that the natural wind. I don't know if it would work, but I am sure maintiance would be a lot easier.

If GE makes it---you guys know it was a tax payers idea. :)

The nickle plant in sudbury ontario has been there a long time, but one article says Toyota has all their nickle processed there for the prius. The process puts a lot of sulfer dixoid into the air, and there is not any vegitation for miles around the plant, and the lakes look black in the satallite photos. Sulfer dioxid mixes with water in the air to form acid rain---and there is a high breast cancer rate down wind from the plant. It is the worst place on earth--by far--if prius owners are really concerned.

I know the religion---people do not want to read it.

Why rotate a whole building when these things provide the power from any direction already? You can build one huge Vertical Axis Wind Turbine on 100 acres, and it would generate as much power as 36,000 acres of regular wind mills.

Why rotate a whole building when these things provide the power from any direction already? You can build one huge Vertical Axis Wind Turbine on 100 acres, and it would generate as much power as 36,000 acres of regular wind mills.
And they spin slower and pose less danger to wildlife.

I've seen model's that supply 3KW and can work in < 5mph winds. These are still being researched, but in a few years they'll be on the market.

I would probably get one of those when available.
can you get them in 48V models ? I can get some cheap tru sine wave telco power inverters that run on 48V.

OMG...what a slow day here.

Can we talk about something more boring?

Anyone? Something more boring than ethanol?

Hello?

Back