Army officer resigns in protest of U.S. support for Israel in Gaza

Hume

Verified User
A U.S. Army officer working at the Defense Intelligence Agency has resigned from the military citing his objection to Israel’s war in Gaza, according to an open letter he published online Monday saying he is distressed that his work has contributed to the deaths of Palestinian civilians.

“My work here — however administrative or marginal it appeared — has unquestionably contributed to that support,” Mann wrote in his letter. “The past months have presented us with the most horrific and heartbreaking images imaginable … and I have been unable to ignore the connection between those images and my duties here. This caused me incredible shame and guilt.”
“This unconditional support also encourages reckless escalation that risks wider war,” he wrote.

Having a child's murder on your conscience must be unbearable..........BUT SIXTEEN THOUSAND ?

How Israel and the United States suppress democracy in the Middle East​

The Middle East has a way of confounding American leaders and undermining legacies. Just eight days before Hamas’s Oct. 7 assault on Israel, national security adviser Jake Sullivan noted with satisfaction that “the Middle East region is quieter today than it has been in two decades.”

Two weeks before the fall of Egyptian strongman Hosni Mubarak in the early days of the Arab Spring, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declared, “Our assessment is that the Egyptian government is stable.”

Perhaps most infamously, on New Year’s Eve in 1977, President Jimmy Carter called the Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi’s dictatorship in Iran an “island of stability.” Nine days later, the first small rally in the Iranian Revolution took place. The rallies didn’t stay small for long.

A U.S. Army officer working at the Defense Intelligence Agency has resigned from the military citing his objection to Israel’s war in Gaza, according to an open letter he published online Monday saying he is distressed that his work has contributed to the deaths of Palestinian civilians.

What is the reason to leap the conclusion the casualty figures provided by the Hamas-run Gaza medical authority are reliable and accurate?

What is the logic in leaping to the conclusion that Hamas-provided figures are entirely attributable to actions by the IDF, rather than at least some of them being caused by Hamas illegally storing munitions and weapons in residential neighborhoods, and accidentally shelling their own hospitals and urban areas?

Seems like a lot of assumptions are being lept to on the basis of incomplete or dubious data.

I don't doubt it is hellish in Gaza now, it just seems like there is a certain faction of posters all too ready to leap out of their chairs to conclude Israelis are genocidal maniacs morally equivalent to Hitler, based on figures being provided by Hamas-controlled authorities.

Who cares?

Good riddance.

What is the reason to leap the conclusion the casualty figures provided by the Hamas-run Gaza medical authority are reliable and accurate?

What is the logic in leaping to the conclusion that Hamas-provided figures are entirely attributable to actions by the IDF, rather than at least some of them being caused by Hamas illegally storing munitions and weapons in residential neighborhoods, and accidentally shelling their own hospital and urban areas.

I don't doubt it is hellish in Gaza now, it just seems like there is a certain faction of posters all too ready to leap out of their chairs to conclude Israelis are genocidal maniacs morally equivalent to Hitler, based on figures being provided by Hamas-controlled authorities.
Targeting civilians for death is mark of genocide.

The American Zionists' refusal to accept the death toll numbers illustrates that even they are numbed with shock at the appalling atrocities committed by Israeli Jews with American arms and money. Israel will never recover from this.

The American Zionists' refusal to accept the death toll numbers illustrates that even they are numbed with shock at the appalling atrocities committed by Israeli Jews with American arms and money. Israel will never recover from this.
I think that Israel has lost the right to exist, and since they and the Americans murdered the two state solution the way forward is to make it all Palestine, where the Jews are allowed to stay and be part of power. If they dont want to stay then they can go, and a lot of them will go to Russia...

WHADDYA THINK?

Good, time to weed out those who aren't willing to support our greatest ally in the region and who think they don't have the right to defend themselves.

The idea of making it all Palestine I heard on my grapevine...I am almost certain that it was Alastair Crooke....he said that increasingly the people who operate at his high level are talking about how this is the only option....and as the West dies China Bloc will implement it even though they are still currently saying that the two state solution is the way to go.

Israel fucking Russia in Ukraine after decades of Russian/Soviet Union work towards good relations is just part of why China Bloc will allow Israel to die in order to move forwards is the argument.

The Russians have done enormous work to build a peaceful multicultural society....Jews from Israel will I think be welcome.....but there will be zero tolerance for stirring up trouble with Muslims,

Targeting civilians for death is mark of genocide.
So, the October 7 sneak attack on Israel was genocide by that definition.

Amnesty International even admits that the IDF warns civilians when an attack is coming.

Hamas plotted a sneak attack on unarmed teenagers, women, and families with no warning at all.

Back