Army vs Navy game

Such an amazing event! I love watching this. God bless them all
I was at the Ohio State vs Navy game a few years back. It was the only time I've been to a Buckeyes game where all 105,000 people stood up and cheered as our opponent ran onto the field.

Though I have to admit I was a bit stunned when I went to a michigan game and the players ran onto the field up right. That was really weird as they usually run onto the field on all fours.

I was at the Ohio State vs Navy game a few years back. It was the only time I've been to a Buckeyes game where all 105,000 people stood up and cheered as our opponent ran onto the field.

Though I have to admit I was a bit stunned when I went to a michigan game and the players ran onto the field up right. That was really weird as they usually run onto the field on all fours.

I don't even know what that means, is it a high school joke?

My brother is a Naval Academy grad, Go Navy!

That's really impressive. I made mostly B's and C's in high school so there's no way I would have had the grades to go to either academy if that would have been something I wanted to do. I like my university though so I'm happy either way.

Go Army
1 brother in law West Point
2 nephews West Point
1 niece West Point
2 nephews enlisted for Gulf War 1 under Poppa Bush.

I was surprised by how close it was. This is probably the best Navy team in the past 20 years or more. How about those Navy helmets, eh?!!?

That's really impressive. I made mostly B's and C's in high school so there's no way I would have had the grades to go to either academy if that would have been something I wanted to do. I like my university though so I'm happy either way.
I doesn't really matter Norah. It's a matter of figuring out what your passion is. These days, with accreditation standards being what they are, as long as you go to a regionally accredited university it's more about what you study than where you go to school. So find a passion, learn as much as you possibly can about it, pursue it with energy and you will live well. Making money is nice and we all need money but the important thing is to live well and have meaningful work.

Last edited:
But doing it in the south will be MUCH easier! :D
Naaa....Texas is a bit different at the University level. Texas certainly has academic issues at the primary and secondary level and an alarming number of high school drop outs but the quality of the State University System is top notch and most people who attend high school in Texas public schools and graduate on a college prep track tend to do very well at the college level. So Texas is a bit of a paradox on education. Their high school drop out rates are embarrassing but their college graduation rates are some of the best in the country.

Naaa....Texas is a bit different at the University level. Texas certainly has academic issues at the primary and secondary level and an alarming number of high school drop outs but the quality of the State University System is top notch and most people who attend high school in Texas public schools and graduate on a college prep track tend to do very well at the college level. So Texas is a bit of a paradox on education. Their high school drop out rates are embarrassing but their college graduation rates are some of the best in the country.

I wonder why so many people would travel there for college... :cof1:

Last edited:
Back