Assault Weapon' Is Just A PR Stunt Meant To Fool The Gullible

BRUTALITOPS

on indefiniate mod break
Contributor
Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA) has announced that she will be introducing legislation to reenact the ban on so-called assault weapons that she authored in 1994. The evidence is in on the effect of her previous assault weapons ban: zero, zilch, nada, as the saying goes. The ban made no perceptible difference in the gun violence statistics when it went into effect, and no perceptible difference when it was allowed to expire 10 years later, in 2003.

That is because the term “assault weapon” is just a PR stunt that fools the gullible and easily deluded. It is defined in legislation by cosmetic features that frighten white bread suburbanites, but do not involve any functionality of any gun. We tried it, conservatives said it wouldn’t work, and it didn’t work. Yet, it is the liberal answer to the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterfe...s-just-a-pr-stunt-meant-to-fool-the-gullible/

"Now in its Third Edition, Lott’s book is neither an opinion piece nor a lawyer’s brief. What it does is present highly sophisticated regression analysis of copious data relating to violent crime and guns city by city, county by county, and state by state,"

In short, this is the most sophisticated and comprehensive presentation of the data relating to violent crime and guns in the world.
This and similar work relating to other countries worldwide shows that where the local population owns more guns, there is less crime.

Grind, stop using your logic. You must give in to Phobos, Greek god of terror and gripping fear.

Yes the assault weapons hype is just a diversion which is more acceptable to the NRA than the real culprits.
HANDGUNS!
Their misuse is responsible for the vast majority of gun homocides and shootings.
Long guns are about on the same par as deaths from knives and ballbats.

With that said, they are fun to shoot but no one has a valid need for one.

Wow, you are right, it is higher than I realized.

And just look at the biggest proponents...
eGmuz.jpg

Wonder what THEIR motivations are?

In 2009 nearly half of those arrested for robbery were not african americans. Do you trust these non african americans to carry guns?

Banning "assault weapons" changed nothing.
Allowing the ban to expire changed nothing.
So why bother ???
Banning all guns in the UK caused a 3 fold increase in mass shootings, a massive explosion in gun violence and a 16 fold increase in violent crime.

I think I have come to agree with Damo and Billy! and THE ALMIGHTY GRIND, bringer of knowledge and Taco Bell. We don't need gun control, it is a waste of time.

My new belief is that our culture is so steeped in violence from the moment of the USA's very inception, that laws will not cchange the sickness of our society, therefore, why bother.

My hope is I just stay at the right end of everyone's gun because thus far, it has worked for me.

Last edited:
If you hate America so much, then fuck off elsewhere.
Take anti American Sotoro/Dunham/Obama with you, please.

At least 58% of Americans are proles and morons. We are constantly surrounded by and inundated with morons, and cretins, and proles (oh, my!).

Does anyone realize that Lanza could have killed those people with a musket?

He was dealing with unarmed, scared women and children. Some match.

Does anyone realize that Lanza could have killed those people with a musket?

He was dealing with unarmed, scared women and children. Some match.

How lame. He would have been swarmed by male teachers, female teachers, and students (and subdued) before he got the second shot loaded.

Back