Austerity Road to 19th Century???

signalmankenneth

Verified User
http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=5857

They as in the right, want to turn back the clock to a simpler time, no rules, regulations, or unions the days of 19th century Robber Barons?!!

Definition of ROBBER BARON
: an American capitalist of the latter part of the 19th century who became wealthy through exploitation (as of natural resources, governmental influence, or low wage scales)

: a business owner or executive who acquires wealth through ethically questionable tactics

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=74&jumival=5857

They as in the right, want to turn back the clock to a simpler time, no rules, regulations, or unions the days of 19th century Robber Barons?!!

: an American capitalist of the latter part of the 19th century who became wealthy through exploitation (as of natural resources, governmental influence, or low wage scales)

: a business owner or executive who acquires wealth through ethically questionable tactics

Definition of ASS WIPE
: signalmankenneth

No further definition necessary.

American? Oh yes. American Barons, Baronets, Dukes and Duchesses.
Have to say though, I dont mind you laying claim to insulting terms and swear words, it fits with everything else we know of the US.

This is correct.

The funny thing to me is how the Tea Party inspires people who would otherwise be oppressed by these new robber barons to march in protest against any form of regulation that would reign them in. They march so that the CEOs of health insurance companies can make a killing from ripping them off. They march so that the CEO who took the bailout and then his bonus that they are so totally against will be able to continue with the irresponsible behavior that put him in that position in the first place.

It is a uniquely American idea that we should support the guy who is screwing us because we believe we will one day be the one doing the screwing. It blows my mind.

The funny thing to me is how the Tea Party inspires people who would otherwise be oppressed by these new robber barons to march in protest against any form of regulation that would reign them in. They march so that the CEOs of health insurance companies can make a killing from ripping them off. They march so that the CEO who took the bailout and then his bonus that they are so totally against will be able to continue with the irresponsible behavior that put him in that position in the first place.

It is a uniquely American idea that we should support the guy who is screwing us because we believe we will one day be the one doing the screwing. It blows my mind.
I am right there with you on this, I just don't get it.

American? Oh yes. American Barons, Baronets, Dukes and Duchesses.
Have to say though, I dont mind you laying claim to insulting terms and swear words, it fits with everything else we know of the US.
The Ugly Americans, eh? I am sorry we do not see ourselves the same way that the planet views us. We use to stagger in with the big bully act, hold money over their heads and make our demands. We are still trying to use this approach, but we don't have the money anymore and we need to lose the swagger, and learn to walk with dignity and pride for the things that we do well and learn the things that we don't. We forget that the rest of the world has been around a lot longer than we have, but we the teenagers on the block are not willing to sit down, listen and learn from others mistakes. We have a great system, Low, we just abuse it, but, there are some very fine Americans but they don't get the press, it is the squeaky wheel thing over here, news is entertainment and not news!

Behold the awesome power of propaganda.

The Kochs are longtime libertarians who believe in drastically lower personal and corporate taxes, minimal social services for the needy, and much less oversight of industry—especially environmental regulation. These views dovetail with the brothers’ corporate interests. In a study released this spring, the University of Massachusetts at Amherst’s Political Economy Research Institute named Koch Industries one of the top ten air polluters in the United States. And Greenpeace issued a report identifying the company as a “kingpin of climate science denial.” The report showed that, from 2005 to 2008, the Kochs vastly outdid ExxonMobil in giving money to organizations fighting legislation related to climate change, underwriting a huge network of foundations, think tanks, and political front groups. Indeed, the brothers have funded opposition campaigns against so many Obama Administration policies—from health-care reform to the economic-stimulus program—that, in political circles, their ideological network is known as the Kochtopus.

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/08/30/100830fa_fact_mayer#ixzz15N6Wb5wI

Tip of the propaganda iceberg.

Definition of ASS WIPE
: signalmankenneth

No further definition necessary.

gilded-rage.jpg

Robber Baron

318u3GWjViL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-4,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

Ass Wipes

Back