Australia in the news

Roos are a pest. I killed one groundhog yesterday and am looking for an opportunity to kill at least 2 more.

Are you sure....?

I'd love to. Help me convince the wife and we'll be off then!

Iv'e been there nice place to visit(Would not want to live there)...friendly people and great food...however they have the highest rate of poisoness snakes,spyders,ants,killer jelly fish,great white mecca(Jaws) and diuretic rules over them...not to mention hot as hell most of ther year!:eek:

Iv'e been there nice place to visit(Would not want to live there)...friendly people and great food...however they have the highest rate of poisoness snakes,spyders,ants,killer jelly fish,great white mecca(Jaws) and diuretic rules over them...not to mention hot as hell most of ther year!:eek:

I'm sure he'll live, and it's about turning winter there right now anyway.

Everything's frightened of me - I even frighten myself :cof1:

Check this little bugger out - http://users.esc.net.au/~whitters/page4.html

The most venomous land snake in the world. It used to be found only in a small area in a very isolated area in our inland (I spent a week there camping out on a job once, didn't see one of these, apparently they're shy) but because of the drought it's moved down to populated areas.

But look, the stories you hear about things that kill you are a bit overdone.

I wouldn't go camping in North America. Bears kill you.

I'm sure he'll live, and it's about turning winter there right now anyway.

13c maximum today, freezing our arses off we are :eek:

But we did have a horrible heatwave in summer this year. 14 days of temps 35c or more. Too bloody hot.

Last edited:

sounds like Florida to me.

Everything's frightened of me - I even frighten myself :cof1:

Check this little bugger out - http://users.esc.net.au/~whitters/page4.html

The most venomous land snake in the world. It used to be found only in a small area in a very isolated area in our inland (I spent a week there camping out on a job once, didn't see one of these, apparently they're shy) but because of the drought it's moved down to populated areas.

But look, the stories you hear about things that kill you are a bit overdone.

I wouldn't go camping in North America. Bears kill you.

Only if you feed em'...and they prefer Liberals...they taste like chicken! actually these kill and injure more up North>>>>:moos:

Only if you feed em'...and they prefer Liberals...they taste like chicken! actually these kill and injure more up North>>>>:moos:

People driving into them? It's a bit like that here, in the outback (except we don't have moose). If you drive at dusk or early evening in some places you can slalom between the kangaroos. I prefer not to drive up there at those times.

And I sitll don't want to go camping where a bear can get into my tent and kill me. :cool:

Roos are a pest. I killed one groundhog yesterday and am looking for an opportunity to kill at least 2 more.

Righto usc. We are plagued by armadillos and don't have that many groundhogs around here. I've seen three groundhogs here in my life. When I took the kids on that trip last week there was a groundhog who had taken up residence at the condo's we had rented. The kids fed the thing (french fries, donuts, whatever they had he would eat) and took pictures and played with him all week. They had never seen one. I told them my father-in-law would have been apalled. He calls them "target practice." :)

People driving into them? It's a bit like that here, in the outback (except we don't have moose). If you drive at dusk or early evening in some places you can slalom between the kangaroos. I prefer not to drive up there at those times.

And I sitll don't want to go camping where a bear can get into my tent and kill me. :cool:

Common sense and knowledge can eliminate this problem...you keep all food separate from your sleeping area...and while hiking you make alot of noise to avoid surprising a bear...they only attack for food or when surprised...now snakes love to sleep in dark and warm places(sleeping bags)and they are hard to avoid as they are well concealed...and bite very easily...dead is dead!

As for moose...they injure and kill alot of people during the mating season...this includes hikers,hunters and fishermen...also accidents on the highway are also a factor!

Drunk and stupid hunters are much more dangerous than bears.

they kill about 10X the number of people that bears do.

I support the right to arm bears!

Back