Australian Leader Salutes Bush, Gets Flak

uscitizen

Villified User
Australian Leader Salutes Bush, Gets Flak
Posted: 17 minutes ago

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd sets off a flurry of criticism in his country after giving President Bush a playful salute at a NATO summit. Rudd says the greeting was "just a joke," but some Australians suggest it signals subservience to the U.S.

http://news.aol.com/?feature=20080404064009990001

Wow, Aussies are anal...

I often walk by and joke "salute" people at work. Yeah, he is the leader of a nation and should be perfect, but he isn't. Get over it.

LOL, I did the zeig heil at the wall mounted TV at the country store when bush came on once. What a mixed reaction I got.

It was funny.

Wow, Aussies are anal...

I often walk by and joke "salute" people at work. Yeah, he is the leader of a nation and should be perfect, but he isn't. Get over it.

the problem is that we reelected him which proves at least half of our voters are far from perfect as well.

That re-election reflects badly on America.

Wow, Aussies are anal...

It's the lot who lost the last election, they're still spewing with rage. Kev can't do anything right according to them. They backed a PM who rimmed Bush every chance he got and Kev gives Dubya a friendly salute, a "g'day mate" crossed with a "hi y'all"*) sort of an approach and the anti-Kev mob think Kev should have gone over and pissed down George's leg.

He can't win I tell ya.

Texans - apologies if I stuffed up the "y'all". My mate in Austin did give me a lesson on the y'alls one night but we were both pissed to the eyeballs and in the morning I forgot the rules. It was the Shiner Bock.

It's the lot who lost the last election, they're still spewing with rage. Kev can't do anything right according to them. They backed a PM who rimmed Bush every chance he got and Kev gives Dubya a friendly salute, a "g'day mate" crossed with a "hi y'all"*) sort of an approach and the anti-Kev mob think Kev should have gone over and pissed down George's leg.

He can't win I tell ya.

Texans - apologies if I stuffed up the "y'all". My mate in Austin did give me a lesson on the y'alls one night but we were both pissed to the eyeballs and in the morning I forgot the rules. It was the Shiner Bock.
It's "Howdy y'all."

If you are speaking to more than one, it is "Howdy all y'all!"

Back