BAC Has a Friend Out There

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
Today I talked to a black Sgt. at work. I like him, and he brings in all these awesome pirated movies (Gran Torino, most recently). Some guy was messing with him about politics, then saw me and said "oh, talk to Dungan, he's the political guy." So this Sgt. informs me that he didn't vote. McCain, because Bush and the GOP have fucked up the country, and Obama, because he is clearly the anti-Christ...

I kid you not. Fucking awesome!

Another guy had a huge image of Bush's face on his work station computer desktop with a small image of Laura giving a speech in front of him. I commented on it, and he said it was due to his "glowing admiration for the man - just 9 days left!!!!"

Today I talked to a black Sgt. at work. I like him, and he brings in all these awesome pirated movies (Gran Torino, most recently). Some guy was messing with him about politics, then saw me and said "oh, talk to Dungan, he's the political guy." So this Sgt. informs me that he didn't vote. McCain, because Bush and the GOP have fucked up the country, and Obama, because he is clearly the anti-Christ...

I kid you not. Fucking awesome!

Another guy had a huge image of Bush's face on his work station computer desktop with a small image of Laura giving a speech in front of him. I commented on it, and he said it was due to his "glowing admiration for the man - just 9 days left!!!!"

I'm lost.

Is he my friend because he's black?

I voted, he didn't.

I don't blame the GOP or Bush for fucking up the country without including democratic complicity in helping them fuck up the country.

I think Obama is a fraud, not the "antichrist." .. I don't even believe in Christ.

Anyone who has a "growing admiration" for George Bush is not someone who holds political perspectives that should be listened to or repeated .. except to mock.

How the fuck can anyone think Bush did a great job?

What the hell have they been paying attention to the last eight years?

I'm lost.

Is he my friend because he's black?

I voted, he didn't.

I don't blame the GOP or Bush for fucking up the country without including democratic complicity in helping them fuck up the country.

I think Obama is a fraud, not the "antichrist." .. I don't even believe in Christ.

Anyone who has a "growing admiration" for George Bush is not someone who holds political perspectives that should be listened to or repeated .. except to mock.

Do you know my friend Denise? She's black too.

;)

bac I have this black friend named john out here in boston. I'm sure you know him too. We should all hang out sometime.

My referencing BAC was meant to be satire of all the people who support Obama and have tried to get BAC to agree with them because BAC is black. Also, he has spoken vitriolically about Obama, almost the way a believer would speak about the Antichrist.

Also, the other guy was being sarcastic - he hates Bush. The desktop image was not intended to be flattering.

That is all.

My referencing BAC was meant to be satire of all the people who support Obama and have tried to get BAC to agree with them because BAC is black. Also, he has spoken vitriolically about Obama, almost the way a believer would speak about the Antichrist.

Also, the other guy was being sarcastic - he hates Bush. The desktop image was not intended to be flattering.

That is all.

We were just having fun with you. :)

I actually found it:

Al Franken and Norm Coleman were able to just briefly put aside their legal fight over who actually won the U.S. Senate race in Minnesota, the Star Tribune reports, and come together on one issue: Showing support for Israel.

Both Franken and Coleman were invited speakers at a pro-Israel rally yesterday in the Twin Cities area, at which Minnesota politicians from across the political spectrum all made appearances. The two candidates even shook hands.

"You can imagine how rare it is for me to agree with everything Senator Coleman says," Franken said to laughter and applause. Then after pledging to support Israel as a U.S. Senator, Franken joked to Coleman: "That's something we might disagree on."
http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpo...nd_coleman_publicly_come_together_on_isra.php

We were just having fun with you. :)

Oh, okay. I love to piss people off, but I hate it when its not deliberate. Anyway, I wasn't too surprised to see your previous posts on Obama.

If you ever made it over to Fullpolitics.com before it folded, there was a heated discussion between a "drjsdesk" and a few white liberals (I think Ib1, midcan, and one of the ladies) which was very similar to yours. You weren't drj, by any chance?

I actually found it:

Al Franken and Norm Coleman were able to just briefly put aside their legal fight over who actually won the U.S. Senate race in Minnesota, the Star Tribune reports, and come together on one issue: Showing support for Israel.

Both Franken and Coleman were invited speakers at a pro-Israel rally yesterday in the Twin Cities area, at which Minnesota politicians from across the political spectrum all made appearances. The two candidates even shook hands.

"You can imagine how rare it is for me to agree with everything Senator Coleman says," Franken said to laughter and applause. Then after pledging to support Israel as a U.S. Senator, Franken joked to Coleman: "That's something we might disagree on."
http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpo...nd_coleman_publicly_come_together_on_isra.php

Wow, another victory for AIPAC.

Did you hear anything about Franken holding a joint press conference with Coleman to support Israel?

No, I haven't heard that .. although it would not surprise me in the least.

Franken .. just what the Senate needs .. another zionist.

I kind of support israel by default. Not for religious reasons or whatever, I just do. Must be a cultural thing.

me and my friend

colbert_black_friend.jpg

Back