Barack Obama rewards big donors with plum jobs overseas

meme

LOL, there's that change you all voted for...
------------------------------------------------------------------
SNIP:
gs:Barack Obama, Fundraising, 2008 Campaign, Fundraisers, Ambassador, Donors, Bundlers Listen Print Comment Email Subscribe By JEANNE CUMMINGS * 11/19/09 9:37 AM EST Text Size- + reset

President Barack Obama has bestowed prized ambassadorships on big donors, such as Charles H. Rivkin and Louis B. Susman.

He may have promised to change Washington, but President Barack Obama is continuing one of its most renowned patronage traditions: bestowing prized ambassadorships on big donors.

Of the nearly 80 ambassadorship nominations or confirmations since Obama’s Inauguration, 56 percent were given to political appointees and 44 percent have gone to career diplomats, according to records kept by the American Foreign Service Association.

The latest nomination came this week, when Beatrice Wilkinson Welters was nominated to serve as ambassador to the island nation of Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean.

read the rest..
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1109/29699.html

SNIP:
gs:Barack Obama, Fundraising, 2008 Campaign, Fundraisers, Ambassador, Donors, Bundlers Listen Print Comment Email Subscribe By JEANNE CUMMINGS * 11/19/09 9:37 AM EST Text Size- + reset

President Barack Obama has bestowed prized ambassadorships on big donors, such as Charles H. Rivkin and Louis B. Susman.

He may have promised to change Washington, but President Barack Obama is continuing one of its most renowned patronage traditions: bestowing prized ambassadorships on big donors.

Of the nearly 80 ambassadorship nominations or confirmations since Obama’s Inauguration, 56 percent were given to political appointees and 44 percent have gone to career diplomats, according to records kept by the American Foreign Service Association.

The latest nomination came this week, when Beatrice Wilkinson Welters was nominated to serve as ambassador to the island nation of Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean.

read the rest..

Can you say More corruption in the Obama Administration?

SNIP:

read the rest..

Is it any wonder coming from the guy who got elected not because of what he knows, but who he knows?

The hits just keep on coming! Look once more over your shoulder as you flush this country down the crapper.

Giving certain people plush jobs because of their contributions to you, yes, I would say it is very corrupt. Chicago style politics at its finest.

I get the not changing part but doesn't every President give positions like this to big donors? Because everyone does something of course doesn't mean its right but Obama is hardly setting a precident by doing it.

It's a bad practice; ever Prez has done it, but that certainly doesn't make it right. I might be hard-pressed to make an argument for "corruption," but whatever floats your boat...

Giving certain people plush jobs because of their contributions to you, yes, I would say it is very corrupt. Chicago style politics at its finest.

And today's hyperpartisan, fake outrage of the day Award goes to....TuTu

blue-ribbon.gif

Every president gives ambassadorships to their buddies and contributors. It's a long standing perk. I'm 100% positive you never expressed outrage when Dumbya, or Reagan did it.

Why is that?

I get the not changing part but doesn't every President give positions like this to big donors? Because everyone does something of course doesn't mean its right but Obama is hardly setting a precident by doing it.

Never said he was setting a precedent.. I am well aware other presidents have done it, but we are talking about Obama. It's corrupt in my opnion and we have let them get away with it.

Back