Barack Promises Puppy for the kids in victory speech

Get a clue guys. Two little girls pciking a puppy?

Its going to have massive "aaaahhhhh" factor.

Something smallish with fluffy hair.

Get a clue guys. Two little girls pciking a puppy?

Its going to have massive "aaaahhhhh" factor.

Something smallish with fluffy hair.
Smallish with fluffy hair almost took the hand off a reporter yesterday. Small dogs much more likely to bite than a Shepherd, Lab or Pit

Smallish with fluffy hair almost took the hand off a reporter yesterday. Small dogs much more likely to bite than a Shepherd, Lab or Pit

That is why I wrote smallish.

I bet it wont be tiny, it will me midsize to smallish.

You can find a pound dog (which I hope they do) with very good temperment and cute factor.

I have one lying at my feet.

This hasn't come out in any of the more recent articles, but I thought I remembered from the AKC newsletter some months ago that at least one of the girls may be allergic. If so, that will limit their choices somewhat, to the dogs like poodles and Bichons that have "hair" rather than "fur" and don't produce the dander that is the cause of the allergies.

Labs can be extremely energetic, especially before they are two. They also can be the greatest dogs in the world, though. Goldens make fabulous family pets, but there's a tendency among the breed to cancer, so that could be a consideration. There were a limited few choices on the CNN site yesterday for voting; among those I picked a "Labradoodle", or cross between a Lab and a poodle. Lower allergy risk, great temperament, and very smart. The family hasn't had a dog before, and they don't need one that will be too temperamental. (Like Barney).

As to Barney, uscit is right; it was the reporter's fault. He shouldn't have been so fast in approaching the dog and he shouldn't have had his hand above him like that; it's threatening to the dog in that it looks more like a coming blow than affection. At the same time, one might hope that the dog would have been better socialized so that if people, understandably, might want to pet him it wouldn't be so traumatic. Terriers are fierce little things and most people don't realize that.

Yeah I agree that one was the fault of the handler and the reporter.

Even the best dog and misunderstand a sudden move by a stranger, especially if the stranger is smelling of nervious energy.

A labradoodle would be a great choice. If they get a mixed dog from a shelter it would be much better for our pound population and it would discourage a RUN on a certain type of dog breed.

I hear Michael Vick has a few good dogs still up for adoption.
Actually several of Vicks dogs are in rescue shelters, and they are very good with people. You will never be able to have them in a house with another animal, but fighting dogs don't attack people.

Actually several of Vicks dogs are in rescue shelters, and they are very good with people. You will never be able to have them in a house with another animal, but fighting dogs don't attack people.

Is that because they are at a point where if they see another animal it will be their natural instinct to attack?

Back