Barr Calls McCain Out

Cancel7

Banned
Barr: ‘McCain wants me off the ballot in Pennsylvania’
Thursday, August 21, 2008, 05:50 PM
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Libertarian presidential candidate Bob Barr says GOP rival John McCain is behind an attempt in Pennsylvania to drive him off the ballot.

“This move is certainly one of the more brazen attempts to lock me out of the political process,” Barr said in a press release this evening. “I challenge Senator McCain to forcefully and publicly instruct his agents to drop the lawsuit.”

Here’s the one of more detailed accounts of the challenge against Barr’s candidacy.

Recent polls in Pennsylvania, which place Barack Obama in the lead, may help explain GOP motivation.

Barr pointed out that McCain himself fought similar attempts to force him from the New York ballot in 2000, and pulled out a quote that the Republican used eight years ago:

“Let’s not have the kind of Stalinist politics that the state of New York, the Republican Party, has been practicing.”

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/sh...008/08/21/barr_mccain_wants_me_off_the_b.html

The insinuation from the Barr campaign that John McCain, a former prisoner of war, would try to keep Barr off the ballot is outrageous.

Seems the McCain camp took a page from Obama on how to get rid of the competition.

In his first race for office, seeking a state Senate seat on Chicago's gritty South Side in 1996, Obama effectively used election rules to eliminate his Democratic competition.

As a community organizer, he had helped register thousands of voters. But when it came time to run for office, he employed Chicago rules to invalidate the voting petition signatures of three of his challengers.

The move denied each of them, including incumbent Alice Palmer, a longtime Chicago activist, a place on the ballot. It cleared the way for Obama to run unopposed on the Democratic ticket in a heavily Democrat district.

"That was Chicago politics," said John Kass, a veteran Chicago Tribune columnist. "Knock out your opposition, challenge their petitions, destroy your enemy, right? It is how Barack Obama destroyed his enemies back in 1996 that conflicts with his message today. He may have gotten his start registering thousands of voters. But in that first race, he made sure voters had just one choice."

The insinuation from the Barr campaign that John McCain, a former prisoner of war, would try to keep Barr off the ballot is outrageous.

Why is that? And he is about to wear out the Prisoner of war thing...come on, is that all he has? My husband is still a prisoner of the Viet war to this date.
He cries on Thanksgiving and makes a toast to the guys that died on the hill, 26 of them to be exact...

Another thing, isn't McCain willing to make us prisoners of the Iraq war for 100 years or until we "win"

McCain has nothing to do with it.

It is the doing of overzealous supporters in the state party.

Besides, this is the first time in memory that the GOP has resorted to such tactics, whereas YOUR party has been doing it for years. Ralph Nader lost several ballot lines in 2004, complements of the "Democratic" machine.

In conclusion, the only "choice" your party supports is to murder babies.

Your hypocrisy has been exposed.

:321:

Oh, give me a break, check out Milton Friedman, Eisenhower's warning and the rest of US foreign history, take two enemas and call me in the morning!

Back